The Italian Job Classic GB Chat

JOCKNEY

On 15/03/2023 at 19:07, jean said:

Hi Pat,

there I was, minding my own business while in Harare, when I spotted this GB, which I had absolutely no intention of entering.

Then I looked at the dates, looked at my stash... I have a couple of kits started, but they are either too young or are over the 25% rule.

BUT I found, lost in a dark corner, a Supermodel Fiat CR 32. It is small, allegedly easy to build (Ah! Ah!) and seems to be ideal. And it is old enough.

So please count me in.

Cheers.

JR

Strange I could have sworn you got an Italeri Cant 501 from your Secret Santa....

Clearly I was mistaken :shrug: :wink:

• Haha 1

What about the ESCI F-5A and the two seater kits? Found one of each in my tiny stash. But I just remembered ,I have retired from building anymore but.......

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Paul J said:

What about the ESCI F-5A and the two seater kits? Found one of each in my tiny stash. But I just remembered ,I have retired from building anymore but.......

Have a check on Scalemates,  if its in date  :like:

21 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Strange I could have sworn you got an Italeri Cant 501 from your Secret Santa....

Clearly I was mistaken :shrug: :wink:

Hi Pat, 

you are perfectly right. Secret Santa did send me a CANT 501, and I debated long and hard. I wanted a quick build and the number of masts on the CANT kind of scared me  in a quick build context.

I am pretty sure I decided wrong, as the fit on the Fiat looks challenging in places.

This year is not a good year in terms of builds; too many extraneous things demanding my full attention... and saying NO is fraught with danger.

Tomorrow, on the last day of the FW 190 GB, I will splash my first blob of paint! Not good...

The CANT will have to wait a bit longer, unfortunately.

Cheers mate.

JR

• Thanks 1

On 22/04/2023 at 07:53, Paul J said:

On 22/04/2023 at 14:48, JOCKNEY said:

Have a check on Scalemates,  if its in date  :like:

I built one in 1984...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2023 at 5:57 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Was a bit puzzled what I might enter for this, only kit I have is already entered in the recce Gb, but seeing both the b-57 and f-84 gives me two good options, and maybe if I get lucky and find an esci f-111 I’ll use that for a f-111c conversion instead of the airfix I had acquired for that 

And indeed I've just won an Esci F-111a so that will be my entry. 

Now what to do with the airfix E I had originally purchased for the conversion........... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

And indeed I've just won an Esci F-111a so that will be my entry. 

Now what to do with the airfix E I had originally purchased for the conversion........... 

I didn't realize the Esci 111 was eligible. Thought it was a younger kit as it was one of the last kits from Esci then I checked Scalemates and they say 1988... much older than I believed.

• Like 3

Hi Pat,

I would like to take part after all with an Italeri re-box of the1/48 ESCI Henschel Hs.123, released in 1977 according to Scalemates, this is the 2021 edition.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 09/06/2023 at 10:32, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Pat,

I would like to take part after all with an Italeri re-box of the1/48 ESCI Henschel Hs.123, released in 1977 according to Scalemates, this is the 2021 edition.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark

That's sounds ideal and I still remember looking at that kit in the Esci catalogue many years ago but I'm afraid the pocket money could never stretch that far.

Look forward to following your build.

Cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2023 at 09:42, Karearea said:

Hi Pat,

Would be interested in participating in this as my first Group Build. Count me in please!

I've got the Italeri F-104G to build (From ESCI 1981) https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-1296-f-104g-starfighter--101693

Cheers,

Nick

Great stuff Nick

Welcome to the GB 

Cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1

We are up and running everyone,  thanks @Enzo the Magnificent

I'm looking for co-hosts, @Giorgio N I'm looking for an Italian kit expert, so youre help would be greatly appreciated.  The pay is rubbish, hours long but I'm determined to show Italian kits are Magnificent.

Other volunteers very very welcome,  so let the fun begin,  start listing your build threads.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 3

On 6/30/2023 at 11:14 PM, JOCKNEY said:

We are up and running everyone,  thanks @Enzo the Magnificent

I'm looking for co-hosts, @Giorgio N I'm looking for an Italian kit expert, so youre help would be greatly appreciated.  The pay is rubbish, hours long but I'm determined to show Italian kits are Magnificent.

Other volunteers very very welcome,  so let the fun begin,  start listing your build threads.

Cheers Pat 

Pat, thanks for having thought of me !

If you need I can sure help ! I just don't know how much time I will have to help with a co-host work, If you don't mind a co-host that may be a little absent, I'll be happy to join

In any case I'll be glad to comment on the history of the various kits here and there if there is anything particular worth mentioning. I've already seen some very interesting ones and have already added a couple comments. I will sure add more

• Thanks 2

Hi Pat,

According to Scalemates this was released in 1990.

DSC08698

As the rules say "prior to 1990" I guess it is not eligible?:whistle:

Pete

• Like 1

I'll be joining at some point in the future with a 1/24th Italeri Fiat 131 Abarth rally car

I'm elbows deep in loads of bits for my 1/12th Renault RE20 in the Go large GB, so when that's finished I'll move on to the Fiat :) 

Ian :) 

• Like 2

On 10/07/2023 at 13:26, PeterB said:

Hi Pat,

According to Scalemates this was released in 1990.

DSC08698

As the rules say "prior to 1990" I guess it is not eligible?:whistle:

Pete

Sorry Pete, pre 1990 it is, but if you are needing another build I'm sure I could find you something :wink:

Cheers Pat 

Interesting that we have no 1/48th Italeri F-4 Phantom II listed yet. The original issue was by ESCI in 1980 and it gets re-released every few years. The most recent iteration was an RF-4E released in 2022. Must resist... 😉

Michael

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Ghostbase said:

Interesting that we have no 1/48th Italeri F-4 Phantom II listed yet. The original issue was by ESCI in 1980 and it gets re-released every few years. The most recent iteration was an RF-4E released in 2022. Must resist... 😉

Michael

Italeri also had their own 1/48 and 1/72 Phantoms in the early '80s. However I believe these were Testors moulds so I'm not sure if they would be eligible here.

9 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Italeri also had their own 1/48 and 1/72 Phantoms in the early '80s. However I believe these were Testors moulds so I'm not sure if they would be eligible here.

Hi Giorgio

If possible I'd really like to keep to the spirit of the GB, that the kit started off in Italy, if that's OK?

Cheers Pat