1:72 Sword Hawker Siddeley Harrier T.4

14 hours ago, Hamden said:

A stunning result, great workmanship with outstanding paintwork and finishing as we've come to expect from you Bill.

Looking forward to the next adventure now!

Thanks Roger. You're right - each build is an adventure. Sometimes I feel like I'm in an episode of Styrene Jumanji!    :)

14 hours ago, giemme said:

So what's next?

Thanks Giorgio. I have no clue what's next. I always have a hard time deciding. I was thinking about doing the Anigrand XF8U-3 for the Anything But Injection GB, but I'm not feeling the mojo for that kit right now.

12 hours ago, Vingtor said:

Very nice model, Bill. It is really an inspiration for me to build one myself some day.... Luckily I have a set of decals. 😉

Thanks Nils. And many thanks again for finding me one of those decal sheets. It saved the day.    :)

12 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Good luck with the wifes to do list ......... 😱

Thanks Terry. I could always do what I've done in the past with the honey-do list...just ignore it. Whoever buys the house after I pass can fix all that stuff.     :)

8 hours ago, Johnson said:

Gonna have to take care come dusting time!

Dusting? You are supposed to dust these things? Yikes!

4 hours ago, DougC said:

That's a little beauty Bill! Especially the crisp masking over those compound curves 😳

Thanks Doug. The masking over the curves was tricky for sure. I found myself sight down the edge of the tape at a low angle to make sure it was straight. It took a lot of adjustments before I was happy, but I think the time was well spent. The paint scheme is what really makes this model in opinion.

Many thanks to all who've responded or contributed in some way to this project. Your comments were very helpful. I'm starting the photo shoot for the RFI now and I should have that posted sometime today (US EDT zone).

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Hook said:

Might I be so bold as to beg for the surplus intake and exhaust parts..? I have an iuncomplete Harrier kit that misses those.

Sure, if you'd like them. Send me a PM and we can figure out how to get them to you.

Cheers,

Bill

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

I was thinking about doing the Anigrand XF8U-3

Interesting subject, and a resin kit - not sure how or why you are resisting.... :whistle: :winkgrin:  :D 

Ciao

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

RFI post is here:

Cheers,

Bill

Stunning build Bill - I have the Kinetic 1/48 kit to build as this particular Harrier and I was worrying about being able to mask it, but your build proves it's possible even in 1/72. The addition of the Master F16XL test probe really makes it and rather luckily they do it in 1/48 too so there's one winging it's way to me now.

Cheers,

WV908

• Thanks 1

On 07/04/2021 at 18:09, troschi said:

That’s a very inspiring build! Which nozzles did you use in the end? Pavla‘s for Airfix or Esci? 

Thanks so much!     :)

I ended up using the Pavla nozzles for Esci. They were a bit of a struggle to install - first, the edges in the opening of the Sword fuselage needed to be scraped clean to remove all flash and other misfit bits of styrene. Then, the bottom of the nozzle was sanded at an angle (so that the height of the nozzle in the side view was higher at the exhaust end). This helped when sliding the nozzle in. It took a bit of finagling to finally get them installed, and the angled face at the bottom doesn't show. Huge improvement over what came with the kit.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1