Hasegawa 1/72 Lockheed F-104G Starfighter

Evening all,

After a delay sourcing replacement decals, the next Century Series fighter is complete; Hasegawa's Starfighter, finished as an F-104G of the German Navy using Xtradecal for the main markings and Astra decals for the myriad of stencils. The Xtradecals were out of register, which is especially disappointing when you pay for aftermarket, and some of the stencils have silvered a bit, which is more my own fault, so overall a frustrating result of many hours applying them all! I also added a Pavla seat, which I think is intended for earlier version, plus there's a few other niggles which annoy me. Pleased to have this mad aircraft on the shelf, but as ever I can only see the errors... Finished with Hataka Orange Line and Alclad for the metallic areas used as usual.

50947458821_f50143f38c_o.jpgHasegawa 1/72 Lockheed F-104G Starfighter by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50946760548_62085ea715_o.jpgHasegawa 1/72 Lockheed F-104G Starfighter by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50947458676_f215e6d6a4_o.jpgHasegawa 1/72 Lockheed F-104G Starfighter by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50947561182_2f9d1ebf2e_o.jpgHasegawa 1/72 Lockheed F-104G Starfighter by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50947561202_ee28138eed_o.jpgHasegawa 1/72 Lockheed F-104G Starfighter by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, hope it was of some interest, comments welcomed as always

Shaun

• Like 61
  • Thanks 2

A great F-104G Shaun! I'm very sympathetic with your pain to know all the shortcomings that onlookers would never find... I usually get friends with my models only by storing them away and getting them out again after 6 months for my show case. Then I can finally appreciate how good they look. Your Starfighter does certainly not need this treatment. Thanks for the German 'Marine' topic.

• Like 1

C/N 7411 (26+65) came to Marineflieger on May 10, 1972 and served with MFG 1 and MFG 2 and ended its career in Luftwaffenversorgungs-(supply)-regiment 1, LVR 1, a temporarily unit in the transmission period to the Tornado as a combat reserve unit and for pilots who would not receive a conversion training for the new a/c. (according to F-40)

916 website tells a little bit different story.

www.916-starfighter.de/Large/2665.htm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, that really looks great Shaun!   Super job!  :clap2:

btw-One of my best friends growing up was named Clint Schofield; later he and I were dorm-mates for a while at college.  I know he had relatives in the UK and I met a couple of them.   Small world it seems!  😀

• Like 1

Thanks for the great feedback all, very humbling. I'm my own worst critic, so I always appreciate the kind words 😊

The huge number of stencils were time consuming, around 7 hours in total I think, but when there isn't much else to do on a Saturday but sit in front of the TV watching sports it soon passed by! Ultimately worth it too I think.

12 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Oh, that really looks great Shaun!   Super job!  :clap2:

btw-One of my best friends growing up was named Clint Schofield; later he and I were dorm-mates for a while at college.  I know he had relatives in the UK and I met a couple of them.   Small world it seems!  😀

Small world indeed, but no relation of mine ;) 

• Like 1