1:48 Spitfire TR9 - ICM conversion

Olly_5

Hi all,

Again, apologises for the lack of updates. school is back on now and work is being piled on at a rate of knots! 

Here's the first thing I did after the previous update - add the squadron markings on the fueslage. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also added were the yellow lines and red covers over the .50 cals. Interesting that this Spitfire does not have the brownings in the wings, so no need for patches on the yellow line. 

spacer.png

And then I put it all together. This stage was a bit spontaneous so didn't take any photos in between, so sorry for that. All went together pretty well! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next up is some minor weathering and it'll be finished! I'll post the weathering photos here and then take some better photos and upload them to a final reveal post. 

spacer.png

Here is the aircraft's current 'resting place' whilst I pluck up the courage to weather it. All the parts here were from the kit - not bad for £13! 

• Like 8

So here we go... the final post on here. Thanks everyone for sticking around for this, my first time doing a full start-end report on Britmodeller and I've loved it! 

The only changes made between now and my last post was some minor weathering - faint exhaust smoke, some oil stains on the fueslage and big oil streaks on the underside. Nothing too much, and something that would occur in day-to-day running of the aircraft in the modern day. 

I'll link the final reveal post here in a bit whilst I make it, in the meantime here are some more 'arty' photos of the finished thing. I've also realised the gear doors are on back-to-front, which is incredibly frustrating! 

spacer.png

(no motor... just my hand spinning the un-glued prop)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

And some 1940s-style edits.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Thank you all so much once again! 

• Like 6

Here is the link to the final reveal : 

Thanks everyone once again, I thoroughly enjoyed this and I hope you all did too

• Like 1

I've got a (the) Tr8 on the stocks in 1/72 (more on that story later).  But during my research into 2-seaters I noticed that on the Grace conversion the rear canopy is actually longer than the front one. But probably not noticeable in our scales!

Justin

Edited by Bedders
  • Like 1