My 1/1 Halycon Facehugger

One 48

Hi Sci/Fi modellers, this is the nearest to scale Sci/Fi scale modelling I've ever attempted.

Bought this kit after an Alien War show in Glasgow about 1992, very basic cardboard box, no painting guide, all hollow soft vinyl, made a sort of skeleton for it from steel coat hangers and padded the body tail and fingers with mostly builders silicon to keep it flexible and pose-able, the body I threw in tea towels as well as silicon to keep it a bit more firm.

Was not very good at painting back then and it was brush painted, some of it is peeling off, would like to strip all paint from it, but cant remember what type of paint I used almost 30 yeas ago? Paints I bought from a craft shop, not Tamiya Acrylic/Enamel or suchlike for sure.

Much better modeller now with better gear, airbrush's ETC ... but what sort of paint could be used on this soft vinyl while still keeping it flexible/pose-bale ... or just make it a static non pose-able would be easier I suppose?

Not looking to sell it, but wonder too, is it actually worth anything?

XKvITSQ.jpg

9d894Cq.jpg

qEVkJRK.jpg

4YQvIzV.jpg

• Like 5

If you ever decide to sell it, I would have thought it will be worth a few quid, considering the heavily-inflated prices the un-built kit goes for on E-Bay. The best way would be to put it on the site and see what happens, of course... I would suggest putting it on the 'Bay, starting at something like £40.00 and seeing how it goes from there. They are pretty rare nowadays, so hopefully it would go well. 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Amending some information.
  • Like 1

Thanks Chris

Might sell it,. part of me wants to keep it, put in a fair bit of work with its wire skeleton ETC, no box ... but as I recall it was a flimsy cardboard job anyway.

Nothings getting sold until current Lock down is over, only time I've been out this year was for my first Covid jab last Monday.

I'll mull it over, so much to build and its hard to prioritise this one.

Thanks

No problem, One48. 

I have a few of the Halcyon Aliens kits, but they're in a VERY long queue of kits for me to complete. Whether I'll ever actually get to them is very much open to debate. 

Selling the 'Hugger or not, I wish you all the best. I can only assume your cat has never seen any of the movies - he/she seems completely unconcerned by the close presence of such a dangerous organism. 

Cheers.

Chris.  

• Like 1

I reckon the paint would by an Acrylic? It was generally advised when building vinyl models,something to do with enamels not drying correctly on the PVC.

Done a couple of these over the years,like yourself I made a wire armature to give it a bit of rigidity ,If you choose to sell,I reckon the advice Chris gave is about spot on,if,however you decide to  give it a makeover you will end up with a very impressive replica.

HBS0dt.jpg

:) 

• Like 1