HMS Dreadnought, 1:700, Trumpeter

Liizio

Fantastic masking! Really well done with that. I've got the Airfix Belfast that I really should get back to building & hope I get my decking masked as good as that!

Martin

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings once more, and thanks for the comments! Didn't notice them before, since the thread moved on to it's second page. I'm also pretty happy with how the deck turned out, even though masking process was a pain. I picked up this style of masking from Youtube channel "Ebroin's Miniatures", who makes wonderful ship models, thoroughly recommended!

Onto this weeks small update. Got the turrets' blast bags painted, and added the 3in. secondaries on top of them. Not super happy with the secondaries, kinda blocky.

spacer.png

Some more boats, most of them are now done.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not too much to do before I can finally start clearing and weathering.

-Till next time

Edited by Liizio
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Very small update, got the rear superstructure glued on, plus some small parts on the deck. Still needs a couple of 4-inch guns plus all those booms for handling the boats.

spacer.png

spacer.png

-Till next time

• Like 2

Very nice, but the four 12 pounders on the forward deck, there should only be two guns both on the starboard side and none on the left hand side although the mounting holes are there. It's another poorly researched Trumpeter inclusion on their instruction sheet of this fine ship.

• Like 1

Just catching up with this and I’m impressed! Really nice clean build. Good job on the masking too. Although I would only contemplate building a ship that I can source with an aftermarket wooden deck!

I do like that period for ships, very handsome.

Guy

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings again!

Thanks for the info on the forward guns, I'll snag them off before I start on the railings. Can't say I've been too concerned with historical accuracy with my builds on the past, I usually just do what the kit's instructions tell me.

All the parts are finally painted, and first coat of clear is on:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next on the agenda is the deck weathering, after that I can finally start the with the dreaded railings...

-Until next time.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

Looking good! Going to use more tape for the railings?

Definitely, but only to help lining them up during gluing!

Greetings again!

This thing is actually close to being finished, who would have believed! Railings are done, deck and superstructure weathering is mostly done. Next up is rigging. I have this week off, I'm reasonably positive I'll have finished pictures of this this weekend.

spacer.png

-Till next time.

• Like 3

On 7/22/2021 at 5:40 PM, Adm Lord De Univers said:

That's come on a bit! Good job on the railings (did you do them in whole strips?) And the weathering (particularly funnels) is really realistic too.

David

Thanks David! Railings are done as complete sections, if that's what you meant. Not cut into small bits. I used Lionroars generic IJN railing.

By the way, SHE'S FINISHED! Pictures will be coming to the 'ready for inspection' -forum shortly.

Many thanks to everyone who followed this build!

spacer.png

Edited by Liizio
  • Like 3