British Army Air Corps Apache AH-64D

Here are the shots of my finished first model. There are a few things I am not entirely happy with, but please don't hesitate to comment on spaces I can improve on in the future as I only wish to improve! 

My first concern is regarding the painting, I used Tamiya 100ml Spray Cans (Rattle cans for my friends across the pond) as I cant justify investing in an Airbrush and Compressor just yet. Having used the spray cans - 2 colours in fact - to try and recreate the Helo Drab colour, I think I over applied the NATO Black colour I used and the model is less grey than I would have liked. However, convincing myself this should be an Op Herrick Apache, I was liberal in EuroEarth pigment to suggest It has endured a sand covering. This fortunately has made the model less black and in some good lighting looks more Helo Drab Coloured. 

Another concern worth noting is that I decided to remove the masking from the canopy windows before applying Decals and the subsequent sealing of them using a matt clear coat. This clouded up the windows hiding most of the precious detail I put into the cockpit early on! Lesson learnt. However with a little thinner, being careful not to ruin paint - you will see this change in later pictures - the windows now look as if they  are also dusty and need of a clean after the proposed dust covering. Perhaps a happy accident, really just some situational saving. 

Anyhow, for my first model I am extremely pleased with it :) :

spacer.png

spacer.png

My Favourite photo of it above^

spacer.png

Cool Shadow/Reflection behind. Not very scale accurate but interesting nonetheless.^

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Somehow made its way from the granite surface of Afghanistan to Snow? Ex Clockwork...?

spacer.png

The Box - It was a Hasegawa 1/48 Scale British AAC Model. Message me if you are in UK and need this kit. As it was rather hard to procure.

1ae7b428fa8e03051dfe37c0530c8b21.jpg

429c0346f6ffbacbe5806b26ee809600.jpg

spacer.png

Edited by British Army Platforms
More Photos
  • Like 11