Desert Adversaries - Airfix MiG-17F "Fresco-C" Mali and Burkina Faso 1/72 - 17may21 see the last post

RidgeRunner

1 hour ago, Smudge said:

That's looking very nice.

I got a bit confused as to which of your Fresco builds I was following :unsure: Definitely the right choice regarding the colour :D

Looking forward to seeing the Mali one. 

Oops, sorry Iain :(. As you can see, I changed after the sand coat of the build, intended for the Mali machine, wasn’t right. Next will be the Guinea machine, then Mali and then  a dark green Nigerian, a new addition :)

I got her stencilled today. I have a small issue to deal with on the chaff chutes but shouldn’t be too difficult to rectify :).

Martin

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 9:17 PM, Smudge said:

and a Nigerian !

And that's my limit reached, or even exceeded! If I get that far (the Nigerian) I am thinking I will use it as a trial build using the salt technique. As they weren't primed the green painted peeled like a satsuma off of the Frescos ;)

Martin

• Like 1

• RidgeRunner changed the title to Desert Adversaries - Airfix MiG-17F "Fresco-C" Mali, Burkina Faso and Nigeria 1/72 - 27mar21 decalled!

Nice work on this one Martin :thumbsup:

22 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

If I get that far (the Nigerian) I am thinking I will use it as a trial build using the salt technique. As they weren't primed the green painted peeled like a satsuma off of the Frescos ;)

That sounds fun :) 

• RidgeRunner changed the title to Desert Adversaries - Airfix MiG-17F "Fresco-C" Mali, Burkina Faso 1/72 - 27mar21 decalled!
  • RidgeRunner changed the title to Desert Adversaries - Airfix MiG-17F "Fresco-C" Mali and Burkina Faso 1/72 - 27mar21 decalled!
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all!

With the MiG-21 pu to (Fish)bed now ;) I've returned to Fresco No.1, the Burkinabe machine. Today, having got her Glosscoted about three weeks ago, I got some 
Flory Sand on to her. I had thought to only wash to lower surfaces because from memory the uppers were quite clean. However, having dug out another couple of images I see that many panels showed through the "earth" paint. Therefore she has had a Sand bath :)

fresco56

Once dry it actually looks close to the paint colour anyway! ;). At least I am back at her and soon I can get here in the Gallery :)

Martin

• Like 8

• RidgeRunner changed the title to Desert Adversaries - Airfix MiG-17F "Fresco-C" Mali and Burkina Faso 1/72 - 30apr21 Back at her!!! Wash on!
  • 2 weeks later...

Bugger, while cleaning up the aerial behind the cockpit pinged in to the shagpile! ;) I cant find it any where :(. I'll have to fashion a new one :(

Martin

• Sad 2

23 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Bugger, while cleaning up the aerial behind the cockpit pinged in to the shagpile! ;) I cant find it any where :(. I'll have to fashion a new one :(

Martin

Fortunately the lovely people at Airfix have sourced a replacement for me ;)

Martin

• Like 2

On 5/11/2021 at 10:07 AM, RidgeRunner said:

Fortunately the lovely people at Airfix have sourced a replacement for me ;)

Martin

Nice work on this, still not sure I'll buy one of these having 2 AZ ones.

Airfix are good with spares, I lost the tiny trumpet like pitot for the Blenheim and they sent me a whole sprue! I used the props on that sprue for a SH Mk.IV I did thus not having to assemble seperate prop blades!

Davey.

Having asked on Tuesday I received the part from Airfix yesterday. Not bad!!! :) Meanwhile the carpet is slowly munching on the one I lost! ;)

• Haha 3

• RidgeRunner changed the title to Desert Adversaries - Airfix MiG-17F "Fresco-C" Mali and Burkina Faso 1/72 - 17may21 see the last post