Service to the UK resumed

JeffreyK

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that ordering from the UK is now possible again in my web shop. 20% VAT should be added to the items total (excl. postage) and there should be an upper limit of ¥19,000 (i.e. close to £135) beyond which VAT should NOT be applied anymore. IF everything works :)

Labelling parcels is also a bit of a stab in the dark as it was impossible to get any sort of reliable and dependable information out of HMRC. I will put my UK VAT number on the label as well as a line to the effect of "VAT paid" plus the invoice that I normally put inside the box will now go into the outer pouch with the printed address label.

Fingers crossed :)

Should something go wrong please contact me immediately so i can take the appropriate action.

Cheers,

Jeffrey

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

...a bit of backtracking is required unfortunately: the £135 automatic VAT threshold is not working yet. You can order through my site with 20% VAT added for the UK, but the VAT addition does not stop yet at £135 as planned. My web shop developer is working on the implementation but it's not running smoothly as yet.

So I'd like to ask you, if ordering from the UK, not to exceed an item total of ¥19,000 (to be safe)  for the time being. Otherwise I'd have to refund VAT and wouldn't even know how to file and proof that in the VAT return with HMRC.

Cheers,

J

• 2 weeks later...