We all Live In A "Grey" Submarine.. Dragon Pz.Kpfw.III (3.7cm) (T) AUSF.F "Operation SeeLowe"

diases

Now painted it's really looking the part!

Good luck with the water effect, sure it'll look tremendous when done and really original. 

Looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

Atb

Darryl 

Mr Amazon let presents today.

q22yAwe.jpg

uK3FUxk.jpg

Resin for the build, and the M40 for the future (hopefully) M4 STGB. 

Damn, that M40 has a big Barrel.

Been doing a little on the MLRS, but can progress this a bit further now

Cheers for looking

Paul

• Like 3

From what I’ve seen of the M40 kit, it looks really good Paul looking forward to seeing that come together.

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy.

Saw a build video on Andy's model HQ, looks like a really nice kit, and we'll engineered.

Got the tamiya metal barrel, and eduard kits for it as well, and hoping it will look the biz when it's done.

Just need to get through the bunfight now. 

AND resist the temptation to start it.

Paul

• Like 2

15 hours ago, diases said:

Hi Ozzy.

Saw a build video on Andy's model HQ, looks like a really nice kit, and we'll engineered.

Got the tamiya metal barrel, and eduard kits for it as well, and hoping it will look the biz when it's done.

Just need to get through the bunfight now. 

AND resist the temptation to start it.

Paul

Fantastic Paul,

the last M4 STGB was a real success, looks like I’ll be looking for a kit to build for this GB.

Hi guys, hope everybody is well, and enjoying their builds.

Cracked on with all the small bits and pieces today, and apart from 1 piece, the construction is complete.

Everything still needs painting though.

y4jGpAp.jpg

Rear mud flaps installed. Beware the instructions though, as they show a rhombus shaped piece fixed to the end. It's actually fixed to main fender, and then the fender end piece fixes to it. Makes a much better fixing point.

You can see it through the hole in the end of the fender.

Tow rope is moulded item, but I found it didn't match the locating holes on the hull very well, so sanded/filled them off, and fitted by eye.

Rear Stand-off for hose has no locating point, so just guessed position from instructions.

ROga3UD.jpg

Middle Stand-off is another educated guess, But front stand-off locates on the fender bracket. The hose rests have no set position, so study of instructions are needed for correct alignment.

Turret water proof "skirt" installed. Really nice fit, and all the angles matched up. I fitted with the turret in place, as there's no locating marks, and needs to sit flush with the hull.

Another Instruction mistake is evident with the Hose Funnel on the turret. the location for it in the instructions shows a standard cover, which I fitted, but the funnel appears to be a replacement for that cover.

I will try to rectify tomorrow, but its the last piece I fitted, and there are lots of delicate bits in the way now.

ezzZ0Rt.jpg

These "monstrosities" are the Wire guides, and Beefed up Lifting points. As the tanks were lowered into the water from Ships, they provided protection to hull components.

LFgJRFR.jpg

The 2 stand on the fender I think are for stowing the Funnel. the larger one is a real pig to make as the 4 pieces involved have no guide marks, so everything is just eyeballed. Rear one's just 2 pieces and not too bad.

There's no positive positioning for them, so just guessed from pictures/instructions.

The depth guide is very delicate and big, hence the blu tack, and will be painted/decal'd before final Fit. There are supporting wires to install as well.

ttzTpHs.jpg

Overview of height, and main body.

Float and hose need finishing. Theres a 2 piece clamp every 6.4cm (converts to approx 2m IRL), but they look ok so far

Hose had a coat of Tamiya rubber Black, but seems to easily rub off during handling.  Any suggestions about Painting rubber?

v5mtKad.jpg

Bit more work on the base,

Colours a bit more even now, and added the darker Track lines.

I know the east coast, from living there when younger, and working in the sector recently. Often below the sand there are lines of very dark grey silty clay, that sticks like penguin poo.

I'm going to try to replicate a cloud effect in the resin, which I'm hoping to start early next week.

Still have to make up the frame extension from clear Perspex. planning on fender level at the moment, but may change slightly.

Thats all for now.

Tomorrow Ill get some paint on, and try to sort the funnel.

Wish me Luck

Paul 

• Like 5

This is going to look really impressive when done!

Can't help but think it'll be really fragile when done with those tall uprights and the associated gubbins.

Good luck!

Darry

• Thanks 1

The rests are poorly made to be honest.

They would probably have been better made with a mix of brass and Photo etch and plastic, to give a bit more rigidity.

But I'm guessing they are correct, as they restrict turret movement, so would need to be able to be knocked off instantly for combat beach landings.

I know the water proof covers had some sort of explosive removal method.

I could increase the resin pour height to take the strain from the hose off them.

Hoping by tomorrow to have it mocked up fully, and see how it behaves.

I'll have to make certain the carpet monster is kept well locked up and under control... ping, ping, ping

Cheers for looking

Paul

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...