Ask all your Sea Venom questions here.

NAVY870

Information park for de Hav's finest.

Perennial favourite, whats under the rear windows

Port side: No1 Generator voltage regulator and hydraulic tanks

2JAgFCx.jpg

s0P1quu.jpg

wXvkGt4.jpg

Starboard side: No2 Generator voltage regulator, main circuit breakers and a dirty great shunt resistor

8wJY4IA.jpg

Se4mVPu.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

Just starting the revell sea venom going to build it as the Australian version.

And since you said ask you sea venom questions here I have a couple. 
1. Any idea of what colour the wheel hubs are (seen some that look silver, others that look that raf sky colour and instructions say white)

2. Any idea on colour of engine bay? (Instructions say a 33% mix of yellow, grey, green)

Thanks. 

14 hours ago, aerotechi said:

Just starting the revell sea venom going to build it as the Australian version.

And since you said ask you sea venom questions here I have a couple. 
1. Any idea of what colour the wheel hubs are (seen some that look silver, others that look that raf sky colour and instructions say white)

2. Any idea on colour of engine bay? (Instructions say a 33% mix of yellow, grey, green)

Thanks. 

For an Australian FAW.53 the mainwheel hubs are silver or sky, depends what tyre bay had in the spray gun at the time.

Engine bay is the standard British interior green, Humbrol 78 is a perfect match.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aerotechi said:

Thanks @NAVY870 that’s just what I want to hear. I have access to a single seat venom but it’s Swiss built and in that I know some panels etc are white. 

I've a reference or two laying about

6jFqWjK.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NAVY870 said:

6jFqWjK.jpg

Very nice reference. You couldn’t just drop it off for me could you?

Im fortunate to have a few of my own reference aircraft about but not. Sea venom. 
Whilst you’re just standing there what colour are the intake and gun ports? 😬😂

16 hours ago, aerotechi said:

Very nice reference. You couldn’t just drop it off for me could you?

Im fortunate to have a few of my own reference aircraft about but not. Sea venom. 
Whilst you’re just standing there what colour are the intake and gun ports? 😬😂

Intakes are sky, gun spouts are red.

• Thanks 1

Steve,

Could you get somebody to push that Vengeance out to the front?  :giggle:  You are a lucky man to be up close and personal to it! BTW, have you finished the instrument panel restoration on the Sea Venom?

Mike

On 6/29/2021 at 12:14 PM, NAVY870 said:

6jFqWjK.jpg

Aircraft is looking good Steve well done to all. As you suggested I do have a question. How was all that gubbins under the rear canopy serviced?

Keith

16 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Steve,

Could you get somebody to push that Vengeance out to the front?  :giggle:  You are a lucky man to be up close and personal to it! BTW, have you finished the instrument panel restoration on the Sea Venom?

Mike

Sure did

Fully functional and waiting to go back where it belongs

wHImksN.jpg

12 hours ago, Britman said:

Aircraft is looking good Steve well done to all. As you suggested I do have a question. How was all that gubbins under the rear canopy serviced?

Keith

None of what's lurking there gets serviced during normal operations. The hydraulic tank is filled via an external fill point.

The voltage regulators and MCB's were given a bay service during Maincheck 4 & 5 servicing which was about every 4 years.

Access for fault finding and replacement would require the seats to be removed and a trained gibbon to reach the back pins on the starboard side rack.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@NAVY870

Steve,

The panel looks beautiful- better than it did in service, I'm betting! Just curious- what is the instrument in  the upper right corner of the flying panel? it looks like an accelerometer to me, but I'm not up on weenie cooker instrumentation! Sounds like you needed the dreaded monkey fingers for those pins! :giggle:

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling

5 hours ago, 72modeler said:

what is the instrument in  the upper right corner of the flying panel? it looks like an accelerometer to me, but I'm not up on weenie cooker instrumentation! 

JPT indicator, EGT as its called these days.

"Weenie cooker"?  Your not one of those modern chaps who pray to the  green screen Goddess are you?

Got it! Didn't even think about tailpipe temp gauge! Nope, when it comes to jets, I'm of the opinion that everything past the Century Series is Star Wars technology- I'm old school and proud of it. I have a retired AF fighter pilot friend, and he called jets weenie cookers, and I liked that phrase. He flew everything from the F-86 to the F-16, and was a project officer on the F-117...the stories he has shared! Thanks for the reply, Steve!

Mike

• Like 1