Bf109G-10--- Yellow 5 10./JG 51 1945

Plumbum

My build to take a break between all the sanding and masking of airliners. I have 3 109s to do

a Hasegawa 1/48 K-4, an Academy 1/48 G-14 and this. Not sure how many will get done this year

it's a busy build year for me. This is an OOB build so kit decals and parts, no PE. The start.---John

fgmTKoS.jpg

5iRAXtr.jpg

wTW5EgI.jpg

• Like 5

Started the wings. I had problems joining the upper and lower halves, the wheel well inserts seemed to hold them

up a bit but I clamped and glued several times and finally got the gaps closed. I think the wheel well inserts were a

bit over engineered and made it a bit fiddly.---John

I can not post images as Imgur seems to be having issues, I will try to post images a bit later---sorry---John

After a lot of clamping and prodding I have the leading edges of the wings cleaned up along with the wing roots.

The wing join to the fuselage was quite good and almost uneventful.---John

rg22LOS.jpg

fQJf88f.jpg

TrQ5Dt0.jpg

• Like 2

Pretty good work but you will have to remake the rubber seal between the fire wall and engine cover (where there is much putty) and leave the seam on the back as this is a trademark of the 109. best regards.

11 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Pretty good work but you will have to remake the rubber seal between the fire wall and engine cover (where there is much putty) and leave the seam on the back as this is a trademark of the 109. best regards.

Done, just waiting to do a bit of blending.---John

zoPXQYH.jpg

• Like 2

I know the feeling. I have 4 airliners paying the price for my 109 "motivation"!

I have this one, a K-4 almost in same construction stage and a soon to be 

started G-14.---John

11 hours ago, Johnv said:

Done, just waiting to do a bit of blending.---John

zoPXQYH.jpg

And here we go! Great work! Painting soon? Cheers.

Just masked and painted the bare metal on the underside of the wings and fuselage and a small

area of the intake scoop. I sanded down the area near the front of the wind screen.---John

4AebQLB.jpg

HAaZ4Wg.jpg

• Like 1

I just painted the RLM 76. It came out good except for the tail wheel breaking off. I knew that was eventually going to

happen. I didn't like the idea of trapping the strut in between the fuselage halves, never works for me.---John

DPnaQ9r.jpg

DWUeRAg.jpg

e08W3G5.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I have remasked and am awaiting paint. I got bored so I decided to try and drill the broken tail wheel

out and fix it with a wire splint. I drilled a hole in both parts then inserted the wire and super glue, put

some super glue in the hole in the mating piece and joined then positioned them proper. When that was

set I ran some Tamiya thin glue around the outside of the mated parts to hopefully "melt" the outside

plastic together, a little extra protection.---John

fOzmy32.jpg

UekNPOn.jpg

2nuONzC.jpg

• Like 3