Hi folks,

Thanks for letting me join the gb.  This build is going to be a RAAF TF.X produced in the UK and painted in the TSS camo scheme of EDSG / DSG / Sky.

Decals are a very generous gift from @tonyot and I have a choice of 2 Beaus in this camo scheme, both from a dk decals sheet.

Using the latest boxing of the Airfix kit with the very evocative artwork:

2021-02-14_10-38-43

Build will be oob, as I'm keen to get to the painting.  Not done too much so far; just priming, spray-painting and some basic assembly.

2021-02-14_10-38-28

More soon, hopefully.

Rgds

Martin

• Like 17

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

Looking forward to this one mate and seeing which decal option you go for! 

I'll try not to let you down.  At the moment, I'm not sure which I'll go for: the one with the replacement rear fuse; or Margron III.  Both have their attractions.  Want to choose for me?

Rgds

Martin

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2021 at 5:40 PM, mike romeo said:

I'll try not to let you down.  At the moment, I'm not sure which I'll go for: the one with the replacement rear fuse; or Margron III.  Both have their attractions.  Want to choose for me?

Rgds

Martin

LOL,.....of course you wont,.... oh,.... and ,... NO! I have enough trouble choosing my own decal options!!! 

Edited by tonyot

So, got a bit more done.  The basic airframe assembly is complete:

2021-02-18_03-48-39

2021-02-18_03-49-14

Fit has been very good, as it should be.  Just a little correction fluid needed around the wing and tailplane roots.  I also like that 2 of the 3 cowling joints are covered by other components.

More soon, hopefully.

Rgds

Martin

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...

So, have made some more progress on what I've now decided will be "Marcron".  After many many coats of over-thinned Xtracrylics Dark Slate Green, I put on 1 coat of Dark Sea Grey (yeah, I know; it's faded, innit).  However, I then realised I had copied the wrong camo pattern!  D'oh!  However, I had let the green cure, whereas the grey was fresh, so it came off with a light rub of a tissue moistened in ipa without too much damage.  Another couple of light coats of green and we're here.

2021-03-17_08-17-07

Hopefully grey on tomoz.

Rgds

Martin

• Like 3

And here is a slightly better photo with the grey in the right place:

2021-03-19_06-28-05

Some touch ups  a bit of a polish, some varnish, and then onto decals, I reckon.

Rgds

Martin

• Like 7

Started the decals on Marcron II tonight.  Thanks to  @tonyot for the fuse roundels, codes , serials et al.  The remainder are Aeromaster RAF c-type roundels without the red centres.

2021-03-23_09-18-31

Makes a bit of a change from other schemes, I think.

Rgds

Martin

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, mike romeo said:

Thanks, Tony - and for the decals!

Just glad to see they have been put to good use mate,.... sorry I couldn`t help with the wing roundels. 

• Like 1

Sorry folks, these are not the most interesting threads to view.  Not feeling that chatty.  However, despite work issues, modelling continues at times:

2021-03-29_10-00-53

A few more decals, gloss coat, then weathering.  Small bits are being painted ahead of time.

I like the scheme with the RAAF decals.

Rgds

Martin

• Like 5

Hi Tony,

The answer is yes, although my upper camo wash was light and disappeared with the matt varnish.  Hey ho!  Did some other weathering and it doesn't look too bad.  The underside looks ok, though.

2021-04-02_09-47-04

2021-04-02_09-47-26

2021-04-02_09-47-36

Just got the small bits (pitot, aerials, nav lights) to go, plus the rocket armament.

Rgds

Martin

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

And another one where I left the build almost finished.  Will post some shots in the gallery b4 it locks.

Rgds

Martin