Airfix Pe 2 in 1/72nd Scale.

G'day Chums,there seems to have been a bit of a rash of these just lately.

I've had this kit for twenty odd years.I started it as a quick build and it was put away,very far away,when I found that one fuselage half was shorter than the other by quite a way and the port wing upper was smaller than its counterpart.It fell into my hand again the other day while I was looking for something else so on the bench it went.The offending starboard fuselage half was cut and shut twice,just ahead of the tailplane and halfway through the wing chord and the port wing upper half was made up with bits of runner.A good slathering of Milliput hid the damage.The raised panel lines were removed after using them as a scribing guide on the wings,I didn't bother on the fuselage.

Although he doesn't know it Massimo Tessitori provided the reference for the camouflage pattern here.The paint is Humbrol enamel hairy sticked throughout.

The kit decals disintegrated on contact with water,thankfully I was able to rescue them with some Klear,The numbers are from a 1/35 Tamiya Su 85. Enjoy.

y4mFCb8iSCp7BueC7swWnU0J0yg3u-uwYsctB8hM

y4m248lUzjeNtxyb2dOkDs9cowmdeQtACflGEu-9

y4m7jjzOd8Xi0uQCBiGjGdFbQPoGKoV7fGlww4D2

y4mdrhQQwCVQ1py6dU1mNM4Izb1KzRZegTZ6tBRI

y4m29V0uD1jWoy5D3oCA5ZxysVEOdYyfC-YBcKll

y4mCQdQRwah8EuG5XwsXIpfe7WtJgf1zIVvRfnmp

y4mOTvcUvU5CTVYZ97naWk1KWjuBrDbng7gHdaHZ

y4mrv0OGtJ3apqABc5XRiR0QzDHRCVhy-CeGNpn8

y4mJXRRp4DFxb3mWfoAdYXRgFSdlZcZVE578UP6X

Thanks for looking in Chums.

Edited by Alex Gordon
Reworking Village Photo URLs.
  • Like 26

6 hours ago, Alex Gordon said:

I found that one fuselage half was shorter than the other by quite a way

Funny, my Airfix Yak 9 had fuselage halves that seemed to come from two different models. Maybe its a Russian thing.

Fine build of a plane that deserves more recognition (and kits).

• Like 2

A nicely made model.  I finally finished mine (bought when the kit first came out!) only a few years back, when Bergemot made an excellent transfer sheet for the Pe.2.  I could now make many more - particularly as I ended up with two sets of the sheet!  Free to a good home?  I do have a Zvezda/Italeri but suspect I'd go for one of the UM offerings

It's fair to add that the Airfix kit looks like a Pe.2, but less so if you try to find out just which production batch it was intended to match.  You've removed the raised panel lines but retained the fortifications around the dive brakes?

• Like 1

Crumbs! This seems to be one of the more popular builds I've done.Thanks for all the encouragement Chums.

6 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

You've removed the raised panel lines but retained the fortifications around the dive brakes?

Thanks Graham,that is much appreciated.I didn't research this one as deeply as I normally would,I just wanted it out of the way.There's quite a lot of this one that would have benefitted from greater understanding but I'll save that for a 1/48th version.You'll have to show us some of your production,a good number of folks around these parts would enjoy that.

All the best,Alex.