Grand Models' 1/72 Beechcraft T-6 Texan II Trainer

hsr

This is my build of the Grand Models' Beechcraft T-6 Texan II trainer. The T-6 is the current Primary/Basic trainer for both the US Airforce and Navy, as well as other nations. This kit was a bit of a disappointment for me. While the surface of the castings was very good it was marred by a bunch of bubbles, (they were too big to call pinholes) just below the surface. Luckily because of the 1 piece fuselage and the overall good surface it did not require a lot of sanding that would have exposed them. But the wing leading edges were a mess. It came with a fairly complete interior with nice ejection seats and both photetch and decal instruments. 1 vac canopy was included. The decal sheet was very complete with markings for US Navy, USAF, Hellenic (Greek), Israeli, Moroccan, Iraqi, and Fuerza Aérea Mexicana (Mexican) Air Forces. As decals they worked very well with virtually no silvering.

And here it is:

OaliujSO_o.jpg

msO8Yr46_o.jpg

d6wdsgco_o.jpg

zIVpkZFz_o.jpg

bsbcMTUj_o.jpg

I have to admit that there were some alignment issues which I was careful not to show in the pictures. 

Next up will be my first 3D printed kit; the Click2Detail Raytheon T-1A Jayhawk.

Enjoy

• Like 12

49 minutes ago, hsr said:

Just be aware that I carefully lined up the bottom of the wing with the lines on the bottom of the fuselage and ended up with crooked wings

I'll warm up my MK 1 eyeballs and get out my t-square. :drunk:

On 2/14/2021 at 4:28 PM, SAT69 said:

I like the "RA" tail codes, which represents Randolph Air Force Base which is fairly close to my home.

Probably berried in snow now

31 minutes ago, hsr said:

Probably berried in snow now

We got from 3 to 6 inches and I haven't heard any military planes fly over for the past day or so.