Belkits Opel Manta 400 .

Windy37

I ended last weeks update feeling a bit miffed about what to do with the smooth front sump guard thing that just didn’t look right and I had not seen in research photos . I gave it some thought and I had some good suggestions about what to do . This is what I came up with ... 

I decided to make my own interpretation of what the car should have . I used an empty plastic pasta sauce pot , measured the flat bottom to fit the provided sump guard and cut it , using the curve of the pot side to form a lip . I made two of these as the first wasn’t wide enough . 
51210635021_8f495181f8_c_d.jpg

A dry fit revealed two pegs needed cutting off the front of the original piece to allow the new guard to fit flush . 

51210634911_c328dbdf41_c_d.jpg

Ready for paint . 
51211699700_b786003d4d_c_d.jpg

Painted Tamiya flat aluminium , and the donor plastic pot . 
51211408034_c8facb59e8_c_d.jpg

And the end result  . Looks a bit rough around the edges , think the camera never lies ! But in my eyes it now looks right . 

51211740015_de1aee32f4_c_d.jpg

51211435264_802a2bd080_c_d.jpg

Thanks for looking 

Gary . 

• Like 13

Hi gary, no the ac delco red, started with a silver 1/24 whitebox silver manta 400  have the decals just primed it other day, once i figure out how to post images here i shall upload some

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anth said:

Hi gary, no the ac delco red, started with a silver 1/24 whitebox silver manta 400  have the decals just primed it other day, once i figure out how to post images here i shall upload some

Welcome to the forum btw . Posting images takes a bit of practice ( from a non computer literate point of view .... ) but is worth the hassle ! 
Gary . 

• Like 1

This is the last update on the Manta . The last small additions I have added are a PE front tow point and I made some front brake cooling hoses from left over pieces of dashboard flexi hose . As always for me , the roof aerial is the final piece of the kit , which is supplied . Thanks for looking and commenting , I will be posting final shots on the RFI  section . 
51243268395_6219b507ab_c_d.jpg

51241503622_8b84795aa4_c_d.jpg

Gary . 

• Like 8

Stunning result every inch a Manta!

This build has brought back many happy memories of watching these great cars in there natural habitat, many thanks for that.

Stay safe           Roger 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hamden said:

Stunning result every inch a Manta!

This build has brought back many happy memories of watching these great cars in there natural habitat, many thanks for that.

Stay safe           Roger 

Building and researching these old rally cars brings the memories back for me too , Roger .

Gary . 

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Thanks for the pointer Gary.

Been a fascinating read and well worthwhile. 

Great build too, your Manta looks excellent, interesting points about the suspension set up.

Cheers 

Darryl 

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Thanks for the pointer Gary.

Been a fascinating read and well worthwhile. 

Great build too, your Manta looks excellent, interesting points about the suspension set up.

Cheers 

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl  . Glad you found this WIP . I wished I had a got the suspension lowering parts from Spotmodels , they are only about £7 I think  .  

Gary  .