2 early USSR Jets

Here are my latest completed models,

Firstly the Su-17 ("P") 1949 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-17_(1949). This is the A&A Models kit finished with Vallejo Metal Color paints namely aluminium and duraluminium. The pitot on the wing was replaced with aluminium tubing. The undercarriage is very delicate and fragile because of the way it is fixed together. This has been sitting on my Shelf of Doom, so glad l have completed it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next is the Eduard MiG-15, the Weekend edition. Not much to say about the Eduard kit other than it is the best MiG-15 in 1/72. This one helped me to complete the one above. Finished with Vallejo Metal Color and added a FOD guard on the nose intake to cover the extra weight needed to keep it from being a tail sitter.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

Regards

Robert

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Wow!  Very impressive.  That Su-17 looks futuristic and very threatening compared with the MiG-15.  Regarding the MiG, I love what you did with the decals, which clearly indicate after-the-fact changes to the roundels (NKAF) and bort numbers.  I think Soviet pilots flew 100% of MiG-15 sorties in 1950-51 over North Korea, so this is from one of the returning regiments tested under (F-86) fire.

• Like 1

Excellent work on those Soviet jets! You may have persuaded me to buy that Su-17 - that is an interesting-looking aircraft. If the pilot had sat any further forward, he would have risked being sucked into the engine intake.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Very well done! I have to wonder what the real SU-17 would have been like to fly.

It never flew. It reached the stage of high speed taxi trials but the loss of its predecessor due to structural problems led to flight testing being prohibited.

Nice job on the model Robert. I thought about getting one for my collection of Russian prototypes but as it never flew I decided against it - wisely it seems.

John

• Like 1