Revell 1/44 Space Shuttle Stack + New Ware Kit

Thanks for the kind words and the prompt to add my own update!

I am now calling the orbiter (99.9%) finished. I still have the umbilical doors to add and perhaps a little weathering, particularly to the heat shield but it’s as good as done!

I am now starting on the boosters and ET. I have assembled the parts and cut/affixed the larger New Ware resin bits. Just in the sanding and smoothing stage now…

spacer.png

63-F4980-D-4-FF7-4029-8-A71-B31-FD3-D48-
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

• 9 months later...

Hi, just reviving this thread to say the project isn’t dead I just took some time away due to having issues with the SRBs that was irritating me and then having some home renovation work on.

I have since added the New aware resin parts to the SRBs, used styrene to scratch build some additional small details, painted it up including the slightly off-white colour in places and added decals. Couple of little additions to make but they’re essentially done.

Now I am in the process of working on the ET, having removed all the kit mouldings I have marked up the position of the resin parts and am masking them ready for the glue/flour insulation phase. I’ll also be adding tape strips to replicate the banding effect which I have seen done before to great effect.

spacer.png

• Like 1