Biplane trial

tnuag

Just to clarify on scales, 1:72 has been delivered and a test 1:48 model has been built.

I am waiting for a new, high resolution machine to become available, but will wait a little time after it is released, in case there are any bugs to be resolved - so 1:32 is planned, but prudence plays its part.

I hope this clarifies things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am looking forward to receiving my one tomorrow. I am really curious to see the product and what all is included in the box. I bought it because I like it but there is very little information, well that I could find, maybe I have not looked in the right places, on this thread, Hannants or on Aircraft in Miniature site as to what contents will be in the BOX. 
I am hoping that there will be a few good decal options.

12 hours ago, Ali62 said:

I am looking forward to receiving my one tomorrow. I am really curious to see the product and what all is included in the box. I bought it because I like it but there is very little information, well that I could find, maybe I have not looked in the right places, on this thread, Hannants or on Aircraft in Miniature site as to what contents will be in the BOX. 
I am hoping that there will be a few good decal options.

It's quite annoying that AIM products aren't shown either on Hannants' site (they refer you, via a link to AIM), nor on AIM's site.

I took a punt on the Blackburn and am pretty pleased, but it's certainly a new style of kit to me (lots of print towers attached to parts and reference to polish the kit surfaces to reduce/remove print ridges). Plus the decals have continuous carrier film so will need some care & attention.

Not knocking the kit at all - who else is likely to produce anything like this, just wish there was more info on what's in the box without having to take a punt.

Edge

ps. Hope you're happy with the contents Ali.

I think you are not appreciating we are all part of interesting international experiment in quantum mechanics. Until one of us receives the kit and posts some pictures, the model exists in various quantum states. I believe we can all name a few of them based on our years long experience in buying resin kits.

However, would be nice to know, how many boxes were in the first 1/72 series. All modellers can be considered sort of crazy. But here, we would easily get the number of real madmen among us.😀

Happily awaiting arrival of my package from Hannants.

Patrik

Edited by Patrik
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

I think you are not appreciating we are all part of interesting international experiment in quantum mechanics. Until one of us receives the kit and posts some pictures, the model exists in various quantum states. I believe we can all name a few of them based on our years long experience in buying resin kits.

Schrodinger's kit?

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the 1/72 kit from Hannants; it's now out of stock but can be back ordered. I was a bit dubious because some 3D pieces I’ve seen are pretty crude, with what looks like “layer” lines. Others are fantastic: one-piece afterburner nozzles that couldn’t be matched with multi-piece injection-molded parts. Even though it was expensive, I took a flyer on the kit because the Blackburn Blackburn that I have in my stash is a Contrails vacuform. How bad could it be? The answer is that it’s a work of art  even unbuilt and has assembly features that are modeler-friendly, like multiple pegs to attach the wings and the upper and lower wings on each side are a single unit, connected by the interplane struts. Fantastic cockpit detail, appropriate raised and engraved features: It’s truly stunning. My pictures here of a fuselage half and one set of wings: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/72nd_aircraft/blackburn-blackburn-t12165.html#p118108

• Like 1

Instructions and decals present in my box, see here:

The interior structure has been broken in quite many places in my kit. Is it the same with yours or have I been just unlucky?

Neil,

Thanks. I suspect the Hannants inguiry was mine. I can probably overcome the decals issue (a Modeller since 1952 I have plenty of spare decals) but the instructions will be much appreciated. Last evening I freed the fight fuselage from it’s forest of supports and I have to agree with you that this is the future of Aircraft modelling. The detail is amazing and the engineering is even better. Wonderful first choice of subject. Don’t want to give you any ideas but the price is also amazing given the quality of the product. Every body should get one.

how about some more interwar naval aircraft subjects.

Bill

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

How about a Yak-9?

John

No chance - there have been multiple kits (Google shows about six manufacturers kits) in the past so not a good commercial prospect. I would rather do an Avro Bison or Short Seamew or Sturgeoon, if I wanted to add something else to my already long list of projects.

I already have Carvair, Ambassador, Hermes and HP42 to work on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mackem01 said:

Just wondering how the 1/48 version of the Blackburn is progressing? My pennies are burning a hole in my pocket!

All production is on hold while we move the location of production. It will appear on the Hannants Hot News Sheet when available.

Edited by tnuag

• 4 months later...