My GB collection: A dozen of Heller kits

Bjorn

In the chat, it was mentioned that we could post pictures of all builds in this GB in one picture. So here they are, from four different angles. I never thought I would build this many kits when we started this four months ago. Starting with a few Heller kits in my stash, a thought suddenly struck me to build all their Saabs - kits that I built many times as a teenager, but with the skills I did not have at that time - in a way fulfilling an old dream. Besides, I had lots of both Heller kits and aftermarket stuff that I collected a few years ago when the company's future looked dark. 

Today, I don't build 1/72 kits so often, so many of these Heller kits have been sold. So this is in a way a goodbye and thank you Heller for all the joy these kits have given me during the years - and also now! Modelling sometimed gets a little too serious, so building these kits just for fun, and not for exhibitions have been among the most inspiring modelling I have done for years. I have taken lots of shortcuts, but also tried things I have thought of, but never did. Such as scratch-building the entire tail on the Alouette, finally paint the splinter campuflage on a Viggen and try rigging on the Gladiator. Not to mention the mad idea, updating the old Heller Draken kit with left-over Hasegawa parts. This has been true fun, and maybe that also explains why I built more kits than I could ever dream of four months ago.

Finally I will say a big thank you to the organisers of this GB! This GB has given me more inspiration than I have felt for many years, inspiration that will last long now when I am more than eager to start building 1/48 jets again! 

Enough said. Here they are:

50941216738_68bca39907_b.jpg

50942019797_a852f60067_b.jpg
50941911191_7938c8cb30_b.jpg

50942019567_0cb3b0ef3b_b.jpg

• Like 8

That's an incredible Heller collection you've managed for this GB Bjorn. Very impressive to have built so many in the time frame to this standard. Love the Rover 3500 amongst all the Scandinavian hardware.

I feel the same way about this GB. It's been a real mojo restorer. Haven't enjoyed my modelling this much in ages. I'm going to carry on building Heller for some time yet. I'll post in the chat if anyone wants to join in and carry on.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Totally awesome GB output there Bjorn - quality and quantity. Very impressive, and I have also enjoyed your fun description in the threads. It came through clearly that you were enjoying this GB!

I want to second (or third?) what you said - although I have only built one model in this GB (nearly, anyway, at the time of writing), it's been a fun one, and seeing SO MANY people participate with so many quirky old models has been great.

Congrats on your fantastic models!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1