RFI: 1/48 La-5FN Zvezda Continuing my Russian Build

Hi Guys-  I just finished this moments ago and shared the fresh on the workbench finish photos.  This is the excellent Zvezda La-5FN kit.  It has alot of great engine and gun detail, but I buttoned this model up.  The Seat is a Resin La5FN Seat with molded harness, the Decals are excellent Foxbot and really are unique with the black panther.  I love the Art on the Russian planes and they make unique additions to the display shelf.  The La5FN had lots of wood and so not many panel lines to highlight.  I liked how this came out and this is 2 of 4 of my planned Russian build.  Thanks for the help on these Russian planes from many of you on this forum...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 18

Lovely job. Like you I like the artwork and slogans on the side of Russian aircraft of this era. In fact that was what inspired me to learn Russian, so I could understand the inscriptions. The Lavochkins are cracking looking aircraft and you've made a real belter here.:like:

Pete

2 hours ago, VolkerR. said:

Looks very good, pity you closed it all up. A lot of internal detail is hidden now.

Hi Volker...  Yes I know what you mean.  However it gives me an excuse to build another La5FN later on with this opened up.  So that is my plan.