Lindberg Transport and Satellite Rockets

Out of my very, very long queue of things waiting to be finished - the Lindberg rockets from an '80s or '90s reissue. What held them up was me wanting to finish them in their original 1950's markings. So while I was busy drafting decals for a stupidly large number of projects, I did these. I matched images of the original boxtops, plus I found images of an original build-up for sale on some on-line site, which showed a couple of markings I'd never seen before. Still have to add a couple red squares and bullseye shapes to the winged spacecraft (I think I got them reversed from side to side on the one ship I did put them on), so next decal sheet I draft, I'll Finish finish them. Someday.   

SH899wt.jpg

PQB22at.jpg

FZlXfyV.jpg

SrJbJsS.jpg

Pure '50s kid stuff. What's not to like?

• Like 14

Thanks for all the kind words. And, no, I have no idea what they were thinking with the arrows. But, Michael - your suggestions might not be too far off the mark.  I was just just trying to figure out how the Buran elevons worked, and came across this photo of the US 747 carrier's shuttle mount in my shuttle files.

1J82l7C.jpg

Edited by starseeker
  • Haha 2