1:32 Fokker D.VII (Alb.) Sevens Swabians from Wingnut Wings D.VII (Fok.) "Early"

Xtof P

49 minutes ago, RichieW said:

This is looking superb, it's a shame you've been held up by the post. 

Thank you very much! By the way: i really dig your Sopwith Triplane - excellent build.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hurray, i´m back: the cowling parts by aviattic are here! And they are beautiful. Just the customs fees were a real rip off! I´ve ordered These parts plus some decals for my Meng Dr.I (which are just exquisit too) worth some £65,- incl. shipping and they charged about £20,- 😩 Seems like buing from China is cheaper now post brexit… 😠

Whatever, i´m looking forward to go on with the build now. For i´ve already used the kits parts for these triangular  fabric panels on the fuselage sides i will only use aviattic´s hatches here - a bit of cautious sanding down the resin will be required. And the fun goes on!

y4m1qyYBTyX238qEjHZxQ6q46X-bauRNFu5Rwbg5

y4m1Yx7lGdVojBXzt4OtSkQq63F02CbgP0MZxFFB

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So i´ve cleaned and primed the cowling parts using Alclad aluninium on the inside and a mix of Tamiya acrylics for the brownish red and lilac tones. A little wash and drybrushing added. The small triangular and round lilac hatches were taken from the aviattic parts which have been sanded down so only the hatches were left. 

spacer.png

The paint of radub´s etch parts of the radiator has been scratched with a cocktail stick after getting a wash with Tamiay black panel liner, which gave a really nice effect...

y4m-F0OsO5lxpXOqBuvg_sGTsZJ0FYhDQm1b0UQ7

..... and i managed to tone down the overdone shading on the fuselage, especially at the top behind the pilot 🙂

spacer.png

y4mY5LspNpOTDcIkRuR5aumLiJIFbsWNoaSPl3TT

....sorry for the rather dark pics 🤨

Edited by Xtof P
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Here i am back again 🐣 ..... way too little time, shiploads of work in the office and some health issues slowed down the build considerably but finally i´ve put the whole thing together. I still have to do some touchup and weathering, but alltogether i´m quite happy with my first WWI biplane. Of corse there are a heap of thing to make better still next time.

The rigging was done with prym-elastic which was quite nice to handle. Turnbuckles will be tackled in a future build .... I´ve used some oil washes and soft pastels for dust and smoke effects. Still want to do some oil stains and splatters of dirt on the underside of the lower wings above the wheels.  I´ll try to make some decent fotos when it´s completedly finished and post them in the "finished" section sometimes.

Thanks a lot for watching and all your reactions and comments! The next project is already on my bench 😉

y4mxDHha5vHMV9yMpF4zcS8aBdVpZAI2tTmafNps

y4mxJrCuPL55vIyfD2iLLkzG_Hd-AEHH_aObEJVH

y4mJ8y8Ft-vX6wgU4b-oa8GFb-KNeja-G_HtFBOa

y4mq703ocMjxYL06qQYpYNtZ5W2t7NKj4mOxlW1p

• Like 4