Canadair CP-107 Argus

Good afternoon everyone,

Here is my recently completed 1/72nd scale Canadair Argus, converted from the Mach 2 Bristol Britannia using the recently-released Aircraft in Miniature conversion set. It was quite a challenging build with the base kit not being the best starting point, but I'm pleased with the end result. Decals came from Belcher and were superb. 

Regards to all,

Rob

cBQ7OuT.jpg

8rlFQX8.jpg

t5qpk8F.jpg

gK7eynh.jpg

yh03PCY.jpg

N4Oal83.jpg

8MLNuKY.jpg

Ghyzixe.jpg

I6WDNV3.jpg

TkgnCVl.jpg

s3gJ0Zn.jpg

rG3J0hH.jpg

Edited by Rob Probert
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 6

Wonderful achievement and build. Really nice to see an Argus here and to 1/72.   Used to see these may years ago overflying my place over Sussex quite high but distinctive sound.

• Like 1

Superb!!   I hestitate to add the cost up of this kit plus conversion ,but well done. Sorry to mention this but it appears that the Swordfish  badge decal of 415 Squadron on the tail has been printed twice facing to the left. If should face forwards ( to the right) on the starboard fin side.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Robin-42 said:

I didn’t think I would see one cross the finish line so quick. Well done!

As soon as I had it in my grubby little mitts I got started. It's taken about three months from start to finish so not too bad in regard to the turnaround!

15 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Superb, especially considering the donor kit. I think calling a Mach 2 kit not the best starting point is an understatement!

Pete

Yes indeed - Mach 2 kits have a slightly dubious reputation, but with some forethought and careful planning they can be beaten into submission.

12 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I was around when they were in service but was a bit young when they retired them. So I never got to see the in action.

I saw one once at a Greenham Common air show - so that's going back a bit!

11 hours ago, AMB said:

Superb!!   I hestitate to add the cost up of this kit plus conversion ,but well done. Sorry to mention this but it appears that the Swordfish  badge decal of 415 Squadron on the tail has been printed twice facing to the left. If should face forwards ( to the right) on the starboard fin side.

It's not the cheapest of models - when you consider the Britannia, then the conversion plus the decals, it did add up. In regard to the Swordfish badge - I am at the mercy of the decals there - but I won't tell anyone of the error if you don't... :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, SAT69 said:

It looks like it was a challenge to build, based on the first photo, but the finished product is absolutely wonderful!

Yes it was far from straightforward, but I do like a challenge. I made my life a bit more difficult by adding the bomb bays which took a bit of head-scratching to get installed properly. Thank you for your kind words.

Rob