1/48 Eduard MiG-21 bis - Bulgarian "243"

Ray_W

Just finished for the Interceptor GB, this is my rendition of a Bulgarian MiG-21 "243" around the early "noughties". Repainted around this time, but still not as faded and beat up as "243" appeared towards the end of its service life, it is starting to see the effects of the Thracian sun.

1/48 Eduard overtrees with the Eduard Brassin cockpit which I swapped out for the kit seat as I had painted the resin seat in the early light finish. I used the Cold War Studios resin correction nose. Finished in Mr Hobby Colour Aqueous Acrylics thinned with Mr Color Leveling Thinner.  Decals are a mix of various supply that I go into detail in my build thread here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235084034-another-mig-148-bulgarian-mig-21bis-finished/

Hope you enjoy.

BG_Mig21bis_Finished_17

BG_Mig21bis_Finished_10

BG_Mig21bis_Finished_16

BG_Mig21bis_Finished_2

BG_Mig21bis_Finished_18

BG_Mig21bis_Finished_9

BG_Mig21bis_Finished_1

BG_Mig21bis_Finished_3

BG_Mig21bis_Finished_14

BG_Mig21bis_Finished_8

BG_Mig21bis_Finished_5

Ray

• Like 24

Beautifully built! The very subtle weathering, excellent paint work and the extraordinary cockpit set this one apart among many models.

Edited by SAT69
Not properly worded
  • Like 1

@SAT69 @VolkerR. @swralph @Harold55 @exdraken

Thank you for your kind words. Wonderful kit that I enjoyed immensely. So much so that I immediately put my name down for the MiG-21 STGB. At least, I have made a start having a spare seat looking for a home.

BG_Mig21bis_Construction_31

Ray

• Like 1