Pointless products awards

Pilgrim_UK

Just browsing that there ole tinternet and this came up. I am open to ideas why you would need to have one of these especially when you can buy the dried product from Tesco for a quid. 

spacer.png

The plus side is you get Free delivery. 

• Haha 6

The Japanese model market never ceases to amaze and delight.

That £37.76  is a bit much - typically you will find this listed for $20 to $25.  Still a lot for something that you can get for less than a couple $ for the real deal. 

Use Google Chrome, turn on subtitles, and auto translate to English and follow along.

cheers, Graham 

• Like 2

Love how the kit box says in BIG letters:      "PLASTIC MODEL KIT. DO NOT EAT"

And...

"This item is a plastic model kit, it CANNOT be eaten. Please be careful not to accidentally swallow or eat it."

Ummmm...      :frantic:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vince1159 said:

Kellogg's are missing out,just think how many box kits they could do....

So how many parts would a model of a 750g box of Rice Crispies have? Imagine the carpet monster's delight at that getting dropped on the floor.

Duncan B

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Murdo said:

Love how the kit box says in BIG letters:      "PLASTIC MODEL KIT. DO NOT EAT"

And...

"This item is a plastic model kit, it CANNOT be eaten. Please be careful not to accidentally swallow or eat it."

Ummmm...      :frantic:

Can't be too careful in these litigious times!

Yes, I know it looks ridiculous, but nobody is going to have invested £30K+ in the tooling without a good reason.  Maybe it's going to be used as a promotional tool by the noodle manufacturer?  Maybe it just appeals to the Japanese sense of humour in a way we don't understand?

Incidentally, the Japanese have a long history of 1:1 modelling of food. and when I was there in the late '80s it was the norm for restaurants to have models of their dishes in a special display in the window. A godsend if you couldn't read the menus, just take the waiter outside and point, or write down the numbers before you entered.  Maybe it's part of this tradition?

• Like 4

One birthday my mum was given some nice looking decorated buns....or so she thought. She bit into one to be surprised by a) it was so hard, b) tasted revolting. 

She then realised it was a bath bomb. When we cleared her house after she died we found the bath bomb still with teeth marks in it. 

• Haha 7

I built the cup noodle last year. I had to have one as I became a huge fan of Nissin noodles when in Japan in 2015. As with every Bandai kit I’ve built it’s a masterpiece of moulding and design. One of the side panels is removable so you can see the noodle ‘plug’ in situ, demonstrating the innovative manufacturing process of the real noodles detailed in a side panel of the instructions.  Absolutely flawless fit, and it looks great on the bookshelf with our favourite souvenirs from that holiday. (You even get a self-adhesive lid that can be removed and replaced as many times as you like.)

• Like 6