Mods please remove...

Fnick

Hi Mods 

Could you please remove this post. Manage to post it twice!

Thanks

Nick

Hi all 

Straight onto the next one!

spacer.png

I used to own a MK4 Prelude. Loved that car. After seeing John's Prelude build it got me thinking was there a model of the MK4 and there was!

Have to admit the first one I managed to win on eBay was this one which is exactly what my car looked like.

spacer.png

Now I know the tyres were missing but unfortunately so were a couple more bits and the model itself was not in very good condition. So when I saw the Aoshima version come up I snapped it up!

Good thing about that is that the model is in excellent condition and with tyres! 🙂. It also has the boot spoiler that my Prelude had but which isn't part of the revell kit so that was a welcome bonus. It also gives me a spare body ton practice on. Two reasons. One I could not find a spray can to match the Brittany blue green colour but I did find the following:

spacer.png

Which hopefully can give me the right colour. 

Second reason is I bought these to replicate my number plate

spacer.png

And if you look at the rear of the model

spacer.png

And compare it with a UK car

spacer.png

You can see that the number plate area is too tall and not wide enough so I need to do something like this

spacer.png

Widen it to the red lines and lower it to the blue. Surgery is required! Thus the good thing about having a spare body to practice on! 😉

Question : what can I use to fill the gaps? I do have some putty but trying to sand it down and make it straight in such an awkward area is going to be tricky...

So until I solve that problem I'll start on the colour testing.

Sorry about the essay! Thanks for looking.

Nick

Edited by Fnick

• Fnick changed the title to Mods please remove...
2 hours ago, Fnick said:

Hi Mods 

Could you please remove this post. Manage to post it twice!

Thanks

Nick

If this happens then please use the report post function instead of hoping we happen by to read it, or in the instance another member sees it and reports it like has happened here.

Thx