Source required - short double-sided saw

boston1832

I'm looking for one of those short double-sided razor saws - I think the design is Japanese originally. I've seen plenty of them in build photos and I'm sure I've seen them on sale over the years, but my current searches have drawn a blank. Can anyone suggest as UK supplier?

Apologies in advance if it's blindingly obvious. 

17 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Do you mean something like the CMK blade?

Have you tried looking at Hannants?

Chris

Thanks, yes that is the sort of thing I was after. I did try Hannants but was probably not searching for the right thing.

17 hours ago, dnl42 said:

JLC saw? But, I see that's a US source.

FWIW, this is one of my most frequently used tools. The mitre box is also very useful!

The JLC is what I'd seen - it looks like there is a decent UK source here as well

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

Edited by boston1832
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hannants do the CMK, blades are interchangeable with JLC (I have both) but handle I plastic. Tbh I tend to use the CMK more often, the wooden handle of the JLC I have (anniversary one which should have been good) was really rough and poorly finished, had to sand it back and varnish it again. 

I got my JLC and 2 of their mitre boxes (very useful for evergreen) from Aviation Megastore last time I had a long enough layover in Schipol to pop out, it's only few mins from the terminal and pretty impressive shop.

• Like 1