Revell 1/32 Hawker Tempest.

stevej60

Afternoon folk's,the striping has bogged this build down progress wise,glad to say after tidying up I'm happy to move on to fitting the U/C.

20210402_160255

• Like 10

Looking good indeed Steve. I'm doing this kit ATM also. Your seams are much better than mine! It does take a lot of patience to get the nose to fit anywhere near accurately. I'm on the last legs now.. u/c and wheel wells being attended to. The instructions are difficult to follow in my opinion.. but getting there! Love the invasion stripes on yours! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

The instructions are difficult to follow in my opinion..

I definitely agree,not a kit I would rush out and buy again I found their P-39 a chore to build too!

• Haha 1

I think I would build it again.. it does have a great presence at this scale ..not tried their P39 offering. Do also have their mustang and me109 to do. Trouble is their kits are just such good value at this scale it's hard not to be tempted!  Mind you I got hold of a stonker of a kit recently, a Trumpeter Stuka for £33 new in 1:32. Etched parts, real tyres.. looking forward to this at some point! 

Edited by Col Walter E Kurtz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, stevej60 said:

I definitely agree,not a kit I would rush out and buy again I found their P-39 a chore to build too!

Maybe not another but it is definitely a beauty when tamed and completed.   Looking good Steve!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

I think I would build it again.. it does have a great presence at this scale ..not tried their P39 offering. Do also have their mustang and me109 to do. Trouble is their kits are just such good value at this scale it's hard not to be tempted!  Mind you I got hold of a stonker of a kit recently, a Trumpeter Stuka for £33 new in 1:32. Etched parts, real tyres.. looking forward to this at some point! 

Yes, under the Revell label it is a deal but I won't build another Tempest as I am too happy with the one I finished and the next might not be as good.   I have the Revell Mustang to do but I understand it is their own and a straightforward build. Looking forward to it.  On the other hand I would love a 'P51B / Razorback' but Revell (USA) has simply re- issued their old old kit in a new box.  No thanks.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bill Bunting said:

Yes, under the Revell label it is a deal but I won't build another Tempest as I am too happy with the one I finished and the next might not be as good.   I have the Revell Mustang to do but I understand it is their own and a straightforward build. Looking forward to it.  On the other hand I would love a 'P51B / Razorback' but Revell (USA) has simply re- issued their old old kit in a new box.  No thanks.  

Revell's Mustang is a lovely quick build, just like their Spitfires. The cockpit in particular is very nice. Like you I hope they expand the options available! 

Will be cracking into this Tempest next build, I really hope it comes out as well as Bill's and Steve's so far...you've proved the seams are conquerable!

• Like 2

Morning folk's last night before  wine time I made a start on the U/c not fitting the wheel's permanently yet just trying for fit and all's well.

20210402_202916

• Like 7

3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Morning folk's last night before  wine time I made a start on the U/c not fitting the wheel's permanently yet just trying for fit and all's well.

That's a great idea, the main gear locations look nice when done, but are a little loose in front to back, trial fitting and alignment checks are essential. The right side of mine ended up a little too far forward, and caused a low right wing.  I fixed it with a bit of heat from a hair dryer and bending the gear leg at its 'root'. (Shhhhhh  it's a secret 😉).

• Haha 1

Well Steve, you know I'm not a big fan of splodge camo schemes, but THIS is looking like a magnificent beast ‼️😎

This has a very Business-like demeanour about it, and the business in question is wrecking things and blowing them up! Quite a plane and you've got it down to a tee. 

😍

• Like 4

Evening folk's,decal's behaved beautifully although the fuselage roundel white was poor in density so to avoid the stripes showing

I used two white discs from an old Tamiya sheet on each side,now if I don't muck up the weathering I'll be happy!

20210410_200314

• Like 9

Evening folk's finally managed to get some supplies from the LMS so can move on this build.She's on her wheel's and ready for a dark wash

then her matt coat.

20210418_202028

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...