Revell 1/32 Hawker Tempest.

stevej60

Very nice work Steve, the cockpit came out really well.

On 2/11/2021 at 7:37 PM, stevej60 said:

when Jadlam advertised it for £37

Damn, that's another model you made me buy...!

• Haha 4

On 16/02/2021 at 14:03, spitfire said:

my PCM Tempest really need some drastic cutting to make it fit,

I can understand that with the PCM kit Dennis,I think because of the Revell box those not knowing the kit's origin will expect a shake and

bake kit inside it is somewhere between a short run and mainstream kit I had similar issue's with their P-39 kit which never did get finished.

anyway despite the thought of launching it against the wall over the last few sessions we are now here.

20210220_131941

• Like 7

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

I can understand that with the PCM kit Dennis,I think because of the Revell box those not knowing the kit's origin will expect a shake and

bake kit inside it is somewhere between a short run and mainstream kit I had similar issue's with their P-39 kit which never did get finished.

anyway despite the thought of launching it against the wall over the last few sessions we are now here.

20210220_131941

Looking good Steve, it's not a shake and bake but it doesn't have any vices that can't be overcome with a bit of dry fit, work, dry fit, patience,  dry fit, cutting, dry fit, sawing, dry fit, swearing, repeat....

Good music or an audiobook helps, I got through two Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books on mine.

It looks like you're through the worst of it. Watch out for main gear alignment front to back.

Just wait until the sliding hood clicks into the rails, ahhhhhh!

Keep going. It has a massive presence in this scale - well worth it!

spacer.png

Edited by Bill Bunting
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Steve that's a very impressive looking model in terms of size and looks good from here so belies any issues you have had. Great job fella and glad you persevered with it.

Chris

What Chris said! Good work getting it to this stage, looks neatly built and already impressive 👍

• Like 3

I'm doing this kit at the moment. I think i've made a major mistake on the rear of the nose. 😂 The instructions are not the best to follow.

have a 1.5mm gap near to wing root because i didn't dry fit it enough. I can fill it i'm sure and recover it. Some gentle scraping and sanding to get the nose to sit on the fuselage without a 2mm gap between them both is in order. I'm sure it will "Turn out nice again"

Exciting times! with this rather ill fitting kit lol

Steve yours is looking very nice so far!

Edited by Col Walter E Kurtz
  • Like 1

On 13/02/2021 at 19:03, Marklo said:

Yes it looks like the forum name will now be Tempests in progress instead of work in progress.

And I thought we had a lot of Hinds on the go…

Still thankfully I love the tornado/typhoon/tempest family.

That's what seems to be happening Marklo.. It's all the rage as they say!

• Like 2

Afternoon folk's with the sun shining and dry weather I can move on with this build,out came the Humbrol rattle can primer and she's looking

ready for her warpaint.

20210307_133759

• Like 11

Evening folk's,on with this build now as I was able to spray outside today,Humbrol rattle can white for the stripes I'll mask this area now

and once the rest of the air frame is done add the black last.

20210313_193600

• Like 8

Afternoon folk's,after a couple of disasters in the Skyhawk GB nice for some better news with this build,ready for the black striping once

I tidy up a few edges.

20210320_160307

• Like 6
  • Confused 1