A Legitimate Salvage

I have actually started a kit! Well it’s a kit in that it has 4 pieces that need glueing together, and it needs painting.

Its The Rocinante from The Expanse, a 3D resin print from https://www.printedplanes.com/shop?category=The+Expanse

So 3 pieces have been glued together and I’ve given it a couple of coats of good old Halfords primer. 

I’m waiting for some metallic Tamiya to arrive so I can paint the inside of the drive bell, then I will work out the best way to mount the support tube and then I can install the blue LED, connect the hull together and route the wiring through the tube. 

Then it’s just a matter of deciding of how to paint it whilst waiting for the decals to arrive.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sorry for the messy workspace, the toddler Terminator takes up a lot of real estate. Or at least that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it...

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Rob998 said:

JBot, if you can get hold of him. @Mike put together a decent sized order and I jumped in on it.

We did :) It's done & dusted now, but the shipping isn't out of the ball-park, so don't let that put you off :yes:

• Like 1

Did some pre-shading and the drive bell. Forgot to remove a strip of masking right at the back of the hull, and not sure if I can be bothered mixing up the tiny quantity of paint to fix this, I’m not fully convinced that the lighter areas of shading will even show up under the main hull colour which will be Tamiya XF 20.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

First time at air brushing and pre-shading, so no idea how it’s all going to turn out. 

Will try and get a coat or 2 of the main hull colour on at some point today. Maybe start detailing the greeblies on the drive bell too. 

• Like 5

Did the main Hull colour and some detailing, need to leave it alone now until the decals arrive or its going to have all kinds of odd looking stuff all over it…

Wearing a hi mag visor gives you an odd perspective on what needs extra detail…spacer.png

Didn’t ensure the edge of the masking tape was properly stuck down here, doh.

spacer.png

Got it back though...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As I said, I need to walk away now or I’ll overdo it.

Edited by Rob998
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

Looking good, nice to see someone else build this lovely kit!

DSC_3134.JPG

Now we just need to scratch built some landing legs and a mass driver to bring it up to date... oh and a new paint job too!

• Like 2