Jump to content

P-51D Mustang, 100th Fighter Squadron. Airfix 1/72


Recommended Posts

Hello my Friends.

This is my latest.

This was a nice easy build and was fun to paint.

I did struggle with my illness during this build but I beat it and was happy to get it finished(although with a few mistakes).

All the best.

Ralph.

 

DSCF6293 DSCF6288 DSCF6295 DSCF6301 DSCF6304 DSCF6308

 

  • Like 40
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

That's a pretty bird, Ralph!

 

The new Airfix Mustangs are decent kits but my favourite part is the decals.  They don't fight at all and look so good once applied.

Cheers Jackson.😀

You're so right about the decals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, Ralph -

 

Glad to see your illness did not interfere in you producing a superb P-51D model!

 

Great work

 

Regards

 

Dave

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Epeeman said:

Hello, Ralph -

 

Glad to see your illness did not interfere in you producing a superb P-51D model!

 

Great work

 

Regards

 

Dave

Thanks for the kind words Dave.😀

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 112 Squadron said:

A beautiful Mustang. I like the way how skillfully you applied the exhaust stains. 👍

Thanks very much 112.😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ralph,

 

I'd just like to add my appreciation to everyone else's. You've created a superb Mustang there, the NMF finish and subtle weathering really bring the model to life. Excellent work!

 

Kind regards,

 

Mark

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s looking brilliant! NMF is perfect and especially I like the weathering of the red parts on the rudder and elevator. It looks realistic and don’t like a toy.

Cheers

Andy 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Ralph,

 

I'd just like to add my appreciation to everyone else's. You've created a superb Mustang there, the NMF finish and subtle weathering really bring the model to life. Excellent work!

 

Kind regards,

 

Mark

Thanks very much Mark.😀

4 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

That’s looking brilliant! NMF is perfect and especially I like the weathering of the red parts on the rudder and elevator. It looks realistic and don’t like a toy.

Cheers

Andy 

Cheers Andy.😀

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Very nicely finished the weathering is excellent well done Ralph

 

thanks for sharing

 

Eamonn

Thanks so much Eamonn.😀

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, swralph said:

Thanks very much Mark.😀

 

It's a really great model, Ralph!

 

May I ask if you came across any issues, big or small, during your build? I've got a couple on order that I'm looking forward to, and it'd be good to know if there's anything in particular to watch out for.

 

Many thanks and kind regards,

 

Mark

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Airfix new offerings are great kits and you did an excellent job with this Mustang.

Congrats

 

PS I'm sort of fascinated with the Red Tails since I saw the 1995 "Tuskegee Airmen" TV movie (I recommend it but surely NOT the 2012 Hollywoodesque "Red Tails").

I never built one of their planes but always do like to see a well done one like yours. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PattheCat said:

Airfix new offerings are great kits and you did an excellent job with this Mustang.

Congrats

 

PS I'm sort of fascinated with the Red Tails since I saw the 1995 "Tuskegee Airmen" TV movie (I recommend it but surely NOT the 2012 Hollywoodesque "Red Tails").

I never built one of their planes but always do like to see a well done one like yours. 

Thanks very much Pat.😀

I have only seen the Red Tails Film,I will look out for the Tuskagee Airmen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

 

It's a really great model, Ralph!

 

May I ask if you came across any issues, big or small, during your build? I've got a couple on order that I'm looking forward to, and it'd be good to know if there's anything in particular to watch out for.

 

Many thanks and kind regards,

 

Mark

Thanks very much Mark.😀

Not one single issue with the kit itself.Have fun with yours.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice job Ralph and sorry to hear you were not on your best form health wise mate,..... hope you are feeling a bit better now?

Cheers

           Tony 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tonyot said:

Very nice job Ralph and sorry to hear you were not on your best form health wise mate,..... hope you are feeling a bit better now?

Cheers

           Tony 

Thanks very much Tony.😀

Been a bit off this week but I am back to doing what I like...modelling.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent build Ralph.

 

But no problems? Surely you broke the control column trying to remove it from the sprue and had to fashion your own radio aerial? 😀 That's been the case with mine, and it seems many others.  Oh, and the bendy undercarriage legs?

 

Best wishes,

 

Ian

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, swralph said:

Thanks very much Mark.😀

Not one single issue with the kit itself.Have fun with yours.

 

Thanks, Ralph, that's good to know! I'm looking forward to them!

 

Kind regards,

 

Mark

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IanC said:

Excellent build Ralph.

 

But no problems? Surely you broke the control column trying to remove it from the sprue and had to fashion your own radio aerial? 😀 That's been the case with mine, and it seems many others.  Oh, and the bendy undercarriage legs?

 

Best wishes,

 

Ian

Thanks Ian.😀

Ooops you're correct I did have to make my own radio aerial.

My memory is awful.

No problems with the stearing column or undercarriage.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...