Dassault Mirage 2000c

Hi. 

I always liked the delta wing configuration of the Mirage 2000 and wanted to build one. Been 1/72nd my preferred scale there are not many kits to choose from and they are all quite old. This Italeri one was released in 2016 for the 25th anniversary of the Gulf War, but is just a re-box of an old 1992 one and it really shows its age!. Besides the odd elongated shape (the actual aircraft is a bit shorter) it had many incorrect panel lines and missing detail. The main error was the lines in the radome, that I filled up and sanded. I've added some scratch details as well as the rivets. For the color scheme I used AK Real Color Lacquers and weathered it with Abteilung 502 Oil paints.

Nykeey9l.jpg

bdawwkQ.jpg

s5fXDQD.jpg

tcgWdvS.jpg

hHZoQer.jpg

hLKEkrZ.jpg

WT6udYi.jpg

g2MIlHn.jpg

wDZX3sm.jpg

KcRR5Mm.jpg

lE7EA4V.jpg

Cheers and thanks for looking.

Jorge

Edited by JrivasK
spelling
  • Like 65

Great job, Jorge! :worthy:

Correcting this old Italeri kit is not easy, but you did it brilliantly! Riveting looks great, so the paintjob and weathering!

I also made this Mirage (Revell's rebox) a few years ago, but I like yours a lot more!

spacer.png

Best regards!

Alek

• Like 4

10 hours ago, alxzinbox said:

That's a beauty! The riveting makes all the difference in the final outcome doesn't it!

Thank you!, yeah it helps. Since I first did riveting a while ago I have trouble not doing it when need it. To me it looks so much better! 😀 

But the thing is, there's no need to do it anymore because I just found out through Scalemates that ModelSvit is releasing a full new tooling Mirage 2000C this March and looks spectacular with rivets and all!!! 

https://www.modelsvit-eshop.com/en/c/aviation-1/mirage-2000c-multirole-jet-fighter-158

9 hours ago, alex_stela said:

Great job, Jorge! :worthy:

Correcting this old Italeri kit is not easy, but you did it brilliantly! Riveting looks great, so the paintjob and weathering!

I also made this Mirage (Revell's rebox) a few years ago, but I like yours a lot more!

Best regards!

Alek

Thanks Alex...yeah I confess I didn't fixed all errors...there's still some incorrect panel lines that I didn't bother cleaning up...  I like yours too! 😉

2 hours ago, dolphin38 said:

Wonderful finish, great work :thumbsup:

Thank you very much!

52 minutes ago, Vultures1 said:

Very nice Mirage 2000!  You've done a great job of correcting the Italeri kit and the finish is superb - well done

Thank you, I'm very pleased with this build...😀

12 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

That's a looker very nicely finished well done 

thanks for sharing 

Eamonn

Thanks for looking 😉!, Glad you liked it!

9 hours ago, djos said:

Fantastic finish, weathering of this (at the end) small model, is more than excellent

BRAVO

regards Djordje

Thank you!, yes is small. For some reason I enjoy modelling smaller size more (hence 1/72nd been my preferred scale) 

6 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

You've made a fantastic replica of one of my favourite aircraft. Love it.

Pete

Glad you liked it, Pete! I like the Mirage 2000 very much as well 😉

5 hours ago, russ c said:

Really nice Mirage there, great job!

Thank you! 

• Like 1