Hurricane Mk IIc

72modeler

I found this just now while trolling for interesting Hurricane photos, and I thought it would make for interesting viewing. On the 9th row down are some very interesting Hurricane IIc's with invasion stripes that were used for courier duty during the Normandy invasion.. I hope they are new to many of you. 

Mike

https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Hurricane/Hawker-Hurricane.html

Edited by 72modeler
corrected text and link

2 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

I found this just now while trolling for interesting Hurricane photos, and I thought it would make a good modeling project. Caption stated that it was used as a courier aircraft during D-Day. Serial was not given, but maybe @Troy Smith might know it. Pretty Hurricane!

Mike

used during D day 01

Image not showing Mike.   Funnily enough, you asked about these planes before..... ;) 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234963507-all-the-hurricane-questions-you-want-to-ask-here/page/62/#elControls_3547555_menu

Which does list one, and also other serials of the unit. 

cheers

T

16 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

Image not showing Mike.   Funnily enough, you asked about these planes before..... ;)

Did I? Damn these faulty old Mk 1a memory banks! I edited the posted photos- hopefully they can now be opened. :sorry:

Mike

• Like 1

Hmm, just noticed something I hadn't, on this shot: https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Hurricane/Hawker-Hurricane/pages/Hurricane-IIc-RAF-1697ADLS-courier-aircraft-at-Le-Bourget-France-1944-IWM-BU1672.html

At the top of the hood's rear arc, there's a "cutout" section, which would (I presume) make it easier for the hood to flex inward as it was slid aft.

Aeroplane Magazine of April 2015 had a five page article about 1697 (ADLS) Flight. It has a few photos, plus a list of Hurricanes used by them, including with and without the D-Day stripes.

Regards

Simon

3 hours ago, Gomtuu said:

Trolling is something else.

Repression, recession; it's all the same to me, man! (BTW, in the dictionary, it states to troll  means to carefully and  systematically search for something.)

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
added text

2 hours ago, Mike said:

@72modeler Is this the thread you want deleting? :hmmm: You didn't give me a link, so now I'm confused :confused: 

It was, Mike, but after trying to delete it several times, and not finding how to do the same, I just edited out all of the bad photo links and just posted a link to the website that had the photos. I'm sorry if I have added to your already stressful site responsibilities. You can leave the post as it is currently configured. :sorry:

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling
  • Like 1