Lavochkin La-5

Greetings all

Here's my attempt at Zvezda's 1/48 La-5 kit.  Quite an impressive kit, IMO.  My first thought when opening the box was "none of this is going to fit properly" - but it does, and it goes together well.  Built OOB and finished with Hataka's 'red line' VVS colours, which although supposedly 'airbrush optimised' still needed a lot of thinning before they were happy going through a 0.4 nozzle.  Got there in the end though.  Hope you like :) 

KyOCZgi.jpg?1

CJZ7ohP.jpg

B1qyQHU.jpg

AgOAMNI.jpg?1

MbT4gQS.jpg?1

gg7i3YQ.jpg?1

QSfsVdh.jpg?1

mD8HVIx.jpg

• Like 31

Thanks for all the comments :) 

The pics make it look like quite a 'plain' ( no pun intended) aircraft, mainly I think because of the La-5's plywood skin and lack of panel lines which normally add a bit of texture to a finished model.  What panel lines it does have are so fine that they were quite hard to pick out with the usual pin wash.    It's just a shame that all the internal fuselage and cockpit framing/detailing (the stuff that made me wonder whether the whole thing would go together properly) is now hidden.  Most of it still wouldn't even be visible with the canopy open.  Still a great fun kit though.  I've bought a couple of other Zvezda kits on the back of this (La-5FN and Pe-2) which I'm looking forward to getting started on in the near future..

• Like 1