First model, first 1/32, i am never paint before. Academy 1/32 F/A-18C Hornet.

Lawkraft

Good morning! A small continuation. Got to the wings. Sawed to pieces to fold.

y4mbzvbp4RLiNZp-ooW9dOulPpLO37NnndVdG1yS
y4mRLzFQqLMy4A_jj3X_fQ4QhqWnjppE9U4gxf_X

y4m2lIZGy9PAxwprankck8QjjtZmyDvLkRBw6XC3

y4mrKYYy2PdxPA7dqvBgEGoEMXB7mcA-uDN7p9Wt

Another surprise)

y4mZXbDr34PoJDaUd1ulNKy9AAR8kW37vH14GTRP

I had to bite the bullet and figure out how to straighten the castings (it didn't work in hot water). Good thing kids love ice cream ... bingo!

y4myjM5_MgLkVxXJ728oqeZ_0yESrSpkgIpe7HIv
y4m5AL-CgsjIjPRxzwcZrP6zagwj9FInC4exMOSW

y4mTqajr2gq8pFu97hs0B83FC8xfG6pvLfmS_8CM

After that, I reassured, I glued the wings to the upper half of the fuselage.

y4m_7aYnNMeFU6wn4JsCko-Fp1V9mPx3bNfJy-GI
y4mmX1MKAubaqZhHOriVWUgx_E7O82rW5bGjiqw4

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody! Let's continue.

spacer.png

I tried to diversify the visible part of the engines. He turned the coca to a less sharp shape, added holes in them. I highlighted the blades with a scriber, added white plastic dividers. Here's what happened.
spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

I sanded the joints of the air intake channels from the inside and blew it out in white. Face motors can be inserted!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Of course, nothing is visible in the air intake channels without a flashlight.

Edited by Lawkraft

Lawkraft, for a first build in any scale, with after market parts , you are doing a magnificent job! Keep up the good work, Your detail work is very impressive. I look forward to seeing this build progress.

• Thanks 1

Friends, thank you for your kind words! It is very pleasant that you take time for feedback. As for the "first construction", I think an explanation is needed. I started gluing Frog back in the 80s of the 20th century, when I was less than 10 years old ... These were my really first models, they did not know what paint was, I only dreamed of an airbrush) And I sincerely think those models were mine best crafts)) Now I have an airbrush ... but there is not a single finished model, only a few started ... and not painted. Until recently, the airbrush terrified me)) This is the first project that I intend to complete ... no matter what ... I hope with your support, friends! This is why I call this the first model ... sorry if I misled anyone.

As for a specific aircraft ... judging by the plastic, these are medium series ... (possibly block 20-25)? I will decide on the option a little later. I need to check the sources and see what fits in the boxed decals. I like workhorses more than painted boards ... but I haven't made a final decision yet)
Thanks again for your interest in this construction site!

A small update before I get into the long and persistent processing of the joints)
I decided to open the cockpit canopy, and for this to refine the visible part of its mount. To begin with, I depicted the loops of its attachment. As before, I used Evergreen bar and strips.

He lengthened the cutouts by checking the walkaround. Sorry for the background ...

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2