First model, first 1/32, i am never paint before. Academy 1/32 F/A-18C Hornet.

Lawkraft

Hello everybody). I really like this plane and I chose it as the first project that I would like to complete). I took out of the cache the Academy set itself, cockpit, landing gear bay and Aires nozzles, sprinkled it on top with etching on the exterior and interior from Eduard. I started with the nose landing gear.

A little photo-etched and wire.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Lawkraft
Translate English
  • Like 15

So you said:

chose his first project that I would like to complete). I took out of the cache the Academy kit itself, the cockpit, landing gear compartment and nozzles from Aires, sprinkled it on top with etching on the exterior and interior from Edward. I started with the front landing gear. I'm trying to insert a photo.

So Hello and :post1:

Lawkraft, 

Looking good work.

:goodjob:

How to upload Pictures using Free hosting site IMGUR. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HOUSTON, thanks for your rating and for the tutorial video!🙂

Also a few comments. I repaired the hole in the back light that Academy had left. And added to the cylinder at the bottom of the landing gear a little thing from a stretched sprue, guided by a photo from the DACO book. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Lawkraft

spacer.pngspacer.pngYahhuu, I learned how to insert photos here! I will take this opportunity to show you what the Aires cockpit looks like. So far I just pasted the airplane control stick and pedal suspension. Also the results of trying to fit cockpit and bay together.

In fact, the plastic cockpit looks very good, I bought the Aires for the rear equipment compartment.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Lawkraft
  • Like 7

Hi, friends! I try to make time for my favorite hobby. First of all, thank you all for your feedback and support! I'm very pleased. So, I'm approaching the painting stage and I need to decide on the color of the cockpit. The whole problem is that I'd like to apply etching to the dashboard, which has yet to be adjusted to the resin. As you can see, its color does not coincide with the canonical color of the cockpit. That's why I have a dillem. Pick up a color for etching or try to repaint etching (oh, no, not that)spacer.png

Please don't be afraid of the places where the etching is attached to the frames, they will still be processed).

Edited by Lawkraft
  • Like 1

Hi, guys! I have the opportunity to share my progress again! I blew out some details of the tamiya with black nato as the basis. I hope this will help to add a volume when painting with the base color. Oh, yes, I added another tube to the front landing gear (I looked at it in the photo).

Edited by Lawkraft
  • Like 2

Hi everyone. I post the progress so far. I worked on the nose gear, redesigned one hose. And at the same time I am making a cockpit. Had to bite the bullet and paint the etching in the desired cockpit color. And customize the etching to the resin.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I continue.

The docking of the cockpit with the fuselage halves is not ideal. This is my mistake, it was necessary to start the assembly from the upper over-cockpit part and fit it to the fuselage. Now you have to fight the cracks. The side parts of the photo-etching had to be sharpened to fit together with the side panels of the cockpit. I don't really like how it turned out. in front of the cockpit, I made a cutout in the fuselage, now I can install the dashboard with the cover later, after all the work on the nose of the fuselage. The side panels of the cockpit are still waiting for the color of the buttons.

Edited by Lawkraft
  • Like 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

While I'm taking a break from the cockpit, I decided to introduce etched grilles and main landing gear bays. A model knife helped me with this. All my fingers are cut now)).

Edited by Lawkraft
  • Like 4

After trying to attach the lower bow panel, I was in for such a surprise.))
spacer.png

When I regained consciousness, I called for help from the white plastic of Evergreen.

spacer.png

Numerous fittings and trimming ...

spacer.pngspacer.png

y4m0k6ogzhoC3qTLQqBjOox-TE3cWeWBAZeFiZhZ
y4m8qD-QlQgFjxwWNApJgLRkGSp11C3TUeKW-cTd
y4mu-e4Sb9kilztoPUCM7yNdx2N1d4tO24hB3_5v

It turned out something like this. You will also need work with a fine sandpaper.

And putty...

Edited by Lawkraft
  • Like 3

I glued the ducts of the air intakes, blew it out with white and glued it into the fuselage.

spacer.png

y4mloliDd3taNKO4AY9VZUqAoOvoNQ87HJa9PNac
y4mdDOo2ZDMZiayWT-gm_8SmxURbQ3KB3hfVps9I
y4mQg49fiW2qhQwIQsBsFD2XuaEBH5Uw_BwKqBTS

You will also need to process the seams from the inside. And since I'm impatient, I blew a little white right away to see what the gratings looked like (for developing)

y4mitoGzCAO6EseinSI0xIEc0YfwpTP6623VdQ40
y4m6MHn9wz0Y4FIEoJCmmg2mn8HYXQmQQNTcFHb8

I definitely need to work with sandpaper.

Edited by Lawkraft
  • Like 5