Airfix BV-141. Shelf of doom escapee

I started this at least 15 years ago, probably closer to 20. Got as far as starting re-scribing and gave up. Lockdown stash sorting and it re-surfaced. OOB othe than the rescribing and a certain decal.

2ibUtkS.jpg

1RJEhvj.jpg

7FppqWz.jpg

• Like 35

Love it. Every time I see one of these built I think 'I must get mine out of the stash', and then get distracted by something else.  Did you use the canopy mask set or do you have the patience of a saint and masked it yourself?  It looks so much better without all those infamous rivets too.

I am impressed! A very, very nice job on the old kit. What you have done has really improved the final result. Other than the rivets and overly thick transparencies and detail parts, it really is a good kit. I had started one many years ago, and made vacform replacements for the transparencies, but the vacform plastic was so thin, I never could get the parts cemented  in place and  filled- compounded by the complex bottom lines. Gave up and binned it for parts. I still have one in the box, and if Special Hobby never gets around to releasing the new-tool kit  that they announced several years ago, I might give it  another go- your model is a great example of what can be done with a little TLC.  (You can take all those rivets you removed and put them on a 1/72 tank!) An Airfix Fw-189 and Hs-126 would be neat companions, and would also require the same cleaning up and work.

Mike

18 minutes ago, TallBlondJohn said:

Sadly it seems the Special Hobby kit has been cancelled,

For real? I had been hoping they would do one after reading it was going to be a  future release. Did they say why?

Mike 

1 minute ago, 72modeler said:

For real? I had been hoping they would do one after reading it was going to be a  future release. Did they say why?

Mike 

I just checked Scalemates and it says cancelled - I have no further information. Hoping its just their assumption, I've had it in my Hannants wish list for years.

Good effort. The BV141 always seems to me as if the crew nacelle is going to spin around the 'fuselage'. No idea why they just didn't two boom it and called Fw189...or something. Interesting design anyway and nice to see your model of it.