Airfix 1/72 Bristol Beaufighter TF.X: "TORPEDO AWAY!!"

Hi Alex,

absolut stunning! What an idea and excellent implementation! This is a really nice show stopper!  I agree a little bit with the props. Always a difficult job to make it look realistic. But perhaps it will help when you look at Hyperscale site. There’s a fellow who shows his Bf-108 in flight.  The solution of his props in flight looks quite convincing. The name of this fellow is Roland Sachsenhofer who also shows the technique. 
hope it is helpful 

Cheers

Andy 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hi Alex,

absolut stunning! What an idea and excellent implementation! This is a really nice show stopper!  I agree a little bit with the props. Always a difficult job to make it look realistic. But perhaps it will help when you look at Hyperscale site. There’s a fellow who shows his Bf-108 in flight.  The solution of his props in flight looks quite convincing. The name of this fellow is Roland Sachsenhofer who also shows the technique. 
hope it is helpful 

Cheers

Andy 

this is the link.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2020/features/bf108birthday48rs_1.htm

• Like 1

Excellent work! I'm especially impressed with the splash effect where the torpedo entered the water. It doesn't get more realistic than that!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paul J said:

Beautiful build and so well displayed.. Just one pointer though, the shackles for the torpedo seem to be missing... perhaps in the drink too.🤫

Eagle eyes!! :D

You're right- the aircraft was supposed to be build with wheels dry and the torpedo attached. So the shackles were already glued to the torpedo prior to painting. Unfortunately they got destroyed while cuttting them off. Of course, this is a grandiose excuse for not scratch building them.
Thanks,

Alex.

• Like 3