Decals for 1/48 Tamiya RAF P-51B/Mustang III

Nobby Clarke

I have a 1/48 Tamiya P-51B that I plan to build as an RAF Mustang Mk.III with Malcolm hood, although since I haven't actually built this kit yet I could just as easily build it with the standard P-51B cockpit canopy (the Tamiya kit provides both options). However, it must be an RAF or Commonwealth air forces bird. I'm looking for recommendations for after market RAF decals. I also have the option of buying a set of used original Tamiya Mustang Mk.III decals, but I have read these are very thick.

Edited by Nobby Clarke
Added details.

6 hours ago, Nobby Clarke said:

How was your experience using the Techmod decals? I read a post on BM that said their decals are very delicate, came off the paper in 5 seconds and ripped on application. But this could have been just a bad experience or a bad sheet of decals.

Not had those issues when I used a Techmod set. But mine were a bit transparent, whites and yellows especially (this was a Bf 109 set).

I should look in my stash. I have some unused decals from the Aeromaster and whatnot. The leftovers I will not consume.

Samo/P.k

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Nobby Clarke said:

I would appreciate that. Cheers!

I currently found for MUSTANG III 234 sq AZ-R FB184 (malcolm)

all markings except stencils. I have them somewhere from Aeromaster.

Other decals, however, are for the P-51B / C American in the Pacific and 8af-9 af.

Samo/P.k

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, politicni komisar said:

I currently found for MUSTANG III 234 sq AZ-R FB184 (malcolm)

all markings except stencils. I have them somewhere from Aeromaster.

Other decals, however, are for the P-51B / C American in the Pacific and 8af-9 af.

Samo/P.k

PM sent