Revell 1/32 Hunter FGA.9 Build

Hi All,

First post on the forums ever as I have just come back to the hobby from a hiatus. :happy:

Just finished the office and I am looking to getting the front halves together this evening... - anybody else built this kit recently?

Sprayed with Vallejo black primer , drybrushed with X-11 and then a few buttons red / yellow for some interest. Any other tips for cockpits? They have always been my cryptonite. 

Pics below :laugh:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay safe and Happy Landings - Matthew

• Like 5

Hi Matthew

welcome aboard.

Nicely done cockpit he said with understatement.  It has the feel of a fifties/sixties RAF cockpit and well executed.  Cant wait to see more.  I think I need a hiatus to get my modelling skills up to that level !!

John

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Very nice Welcome and great start, I have one of these and was going to start it as my next build but changed my mind .  Will tag along.

Chris

Thank you very much Chris - going okay so far but ill be sure to point out any niggles I encounter. 

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

Hi Matthew

welcome aboard.

Nicely done cockpit he said with understatement.  It has the feel of a fifties/sixties RAF cockpit and well executed.  Cant wait to see more.  I think I need a hiatus to get my modelling skills up to that level !!

John

Thank you John , I do like the 50s/60s pits - I have a buccaneer lined up in the fear future too. I'll be sure to keep you posted! Haha maybe so - you tube sucked me back in! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

A touch of gloss varnish or clear epoxy in the dial faces to represent the glazing perhaps? 

Otherwise looks pretty good for a 50's black hole cockpit.

Cheers , I'll have to give that a go before I seal her up this evening. Glad to see another Cumbrian! :happy:

19 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

Hi Matthew, didn't spot the Whitehaven tag, I'm over Penrith way. There's a few Cumbrian Britmodellers around if you keep your eyes open.

Oh, and :welcome: to our bit of the modelling net.

Glad to hear there are a few of us! Thank you for the welcome. :smile:

Just one quick thing - how do I get a signiture like yours? Cant seem to find the area to make one. :offtopic:

4 minutes ago, MatthewAV8B said:

Just one quick thing - how do I get a signiture like yours?

Top of the page when you're signed in you should see your name towards the right hand side with a drop down arrow next to it -click on  the arrow and select Account Settings, in the menu on the left is the Signature option, click on that and edit away

Work continues....

Halves together , nosecone filled with lead shot and glued into place. As well as the ADEN cannons , front gear bay and nose gear leg. (I wish I could add this later but the Revell engineers did not bless me as such! :think: ) Filler definatley going to be required here too.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Guts came next , primed black and painted up with AK Titanium. An interesting approach but got it sorted nonetheless. 

spacer.png

Moving onto wings next! :happy: