Walnut Wood Decals

MickE

Hi all

Has anyone used the Ushi Woodgrain Decal set 'Truckers Delight or Aviattic Walnut Woodgrain (Dark and light)?

I need some walnut decals for my 1/24 ICM Model-T Commercial Roadster. The Uschi ones would be better as I think they are for 1/24 vehicles whilst the Aviattic are 1/32.

Regards

Mick

I print my own 'woody' decals but only for my use. I looked at the Ushi ones and they seem to be expensive for such a small sheet.

I'm with Pat.

Plenty of woodgrain images on the interweb to suit nearly every occasion. My cheapo HP printer is crackerjack for decals, so I rarely need to go aftermarket except for painfully complicated schemes and such.

Cheers

Thanks chaps

I have just bought a Brother MFC-3750CDW Colour Laser Printer to replace my old inkjet and I am a bit dubious of printing decals with it as I have heard that the paper can stick to the rollers, which will be expensive to fix.

The Uschi and Aviattic decal sheets are a bit expensive but it will be a birthday pressie so no expense to me. 🙂

Regards

Mick

I used to print decals with a colour laser printer.   It became unreliable for other reasons, so I replaced it with a monochrome laser printer.  I've run no end of decals through that.  I usually print the image on plain paper then cut the decal paper to size, place it over the printed image and fix it with a small piece of tape at each corner.  I've never had any problems using that method.

19 hours ago, thorfinn said:

I'm with Pat.

Plenty of woodgrain images on the interweb to suit nearly every occasion. My cheapo HP printer is crackerjack for decals, so I rarely need to go aftermarket except for painfully complicated schemes and such.

Cheers

Hi, what decal paper do you use? Thanks

1 hour ago, DreamGarage said:

Hi, what decal paper do you use? Thanks

No problem. I've used Bare Metal Foil's 'Experts Choice' line for years...with great results...but lately I've switched to 'Kodiak' brand (which I found on Amazon) that I like even better. The images seem to print more sharply, and the decals themselves (mainly smaller sizes) show less propensity to curl.

Frankly, I'd happily recommend either one.

[All this is inkjet, BTW...I have no experience with laser printers.]

Cheers