B.E. 12b but I failed

dov

Hallo

This B.E. 12b, I failed to finish it. Because of the gluing process.

The strut support plates I designed by myself. This are photo etched parts. A big kit producer processed them. On three sample kits I succeeded.

Regarding the strut support plates: The idea and everything around it is simple, clear and easy to implement. There is only one tragic ending in the end. This is the bonding of the struts. You need super glue CA because it's metal. And that is exactly where the problem lies. I built two Dh 2 (1/48 and 1/32) and one B.E. 2c in 1/48. You find them on the forum anyway. I failed at the B.E.12b in 1/48. The fact is that the Roden kits are perhaps unsuitable for this due to inaccuracies, but I stopped afterwards. If you want to revive the subject, please. I can give you the contact to the company (a big manufacturer). Take it further and succeed. Maybe you will manage to find a process-reliable bond or a way of working that is better than mine.

Happy modeling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

Odd thread. Modelling can be about challenges. If it were me I’d probably make a new set of struts ( if that’s the issue) I find cocktail sticks and .7mm brass rod quite effective, drill out the wing holes and attach. I’ve only built one Roden biplane so far ( a DH4a, but I do have quite a few in the stash, including a BE12) and I must admit it wasn’t that easy a build, but it came together pretty well in the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1