Eastern Express Tu-154?

I don't normally buy Eastern Express kits but I happened to notice that a second-hand dealer has an Eastern Express Tu-154 for sale. From the box art (never a reliable guide with Eastern Express) it looks like a Tu-154B which would definitely be of interest but I can't find any other information about the kit. It doesn't even feature on Scalemates.

Does anyone know anything about it? In particular is it the old OKB plastic?

Dave G

Hi Dave,

If you mean the 1/200 scale TU-154,its originally from the Tupolev bureau itself and was first released by them in 1996.

So much of my knowledge about this kit.

What version it resembles,I do not know.

The sprues I saw once,dont feature any windows on the fuselage.

Looks much like the IL-96 kits that EE has taken up as well some time ago.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Alex

• Thanks 1

Are you talking about this kit https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eastern-express-14405-airliner-tupolev-tu-154--187679  ? I have it in a stash (got it b/c it was bundled with some other kit I wanted really bad). Doesn't look too bad in the box, however haven't had a chance to put it together yet (mostly b/c it is EE).

Edited by Doom3r
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Alex1978 and @Doom3r

I hadn't realised it's 1/200, mainly because I searched the kit seller's website for "Tu-154 1/144"! It also explains why I couldn't find it on Scalemates.

That's the end of my interest. I don't do 1/200. Looks like it's Welsh Models or Rus-Air for my Tu-154B.

Cheers to both of you

Dave G

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doom3r said:

Are you talking about this kit https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eastern-express-14405-airliner-tupolev-tu-154--187679  ? I have it in a stash (got it b/c it was bundled with some other kit I wanted really bad). Doesn't look too bad in the box, however haven't had a chance to put it together yet (mostly b/c it is EE).

Good evening all.

Here it is :

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27684-airliners-trijets-smaller-ones-and-biggest-1200th/&tab=comments#comment-301808

Edited by AV O
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, AV O said:

Very nice. (All of them)

It doesnt look bad shapewise the TU-154

How did it build ?

Hi Alex,

Thank your for your comment.

It was quite a while back.
It went ok for the building. However, I don't remember if there was any landing gear included.

Edited by AV O

2 hours ago, AV O said:

A very impressive collection but as I said earlier I was under the mistaken impression that the Tu-154 was 1/144 and now that I know it's 1/200 I won't be pursuing it any further.

2 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

If Rus-Air's 154  is anything like their 134, it's a very nice kit.

Yes indeed. I have built their Yak-42 and IL-18 both of which are gorgeous.

Hello all, 

As for the 1/200th scale kit, if it is the original Tupolev Bureau original kit, as far as I remember it is nice little kit but no landing gear or wheels are included.

Best regard.

Eric B.

2 hours ago, modelldoc said:

Interesting and not exactly complimentary. It's clearly a collectors item (and a pretty poor one at that) re-boxed and sold as a current kit - typical Eastern Express.

It doesn't inspire confidence that the instructions refer to 1/72 when the kit is actually 1/200! I see they've also forgotten the painting and decal instructions.

I think I've worked out why the second-hand website wrongly thought the kit was 1/144 - EE's catalogue number is 14405 which probably confused it.

Dave G