Meng Mk V Male tracks

mbthejester

Hi All,

quick question, just starting  next build, starting with tracks, I have the Friulmodel ATL-160 but did not notice they were wide- even though it says it on box - doh , so did MkV use the slightly wider ones ?

cheers

Mark

No.  Same tracks on Mks I - V.  The stretched Mks V* and V** did have much wider tracks.  Maybe the Friul parts are sized for the old Emhar kits?  They should be 52cm wide, so just a tad under 15mm in 1/35.

The Takom plastic workable tracks are fine if you can find them, but whether they will fit Meng is another question.  In  theory of course they should.

What's wrong with the Meng kit tracks?  I've only built the Takom MkIVs.  If you're thinking the silver colour will be useful, the tracks were actually a dark metallic brown.  Chemical blackening agents will turn them black.

• Thanks 1

Cheers Mate,

good info from you again, Meng click and workable look ok, they come in Black, I just like doing the metal ones, therapeutic for me, they do do narrower, my fault entirely not reading description, Masterclub do resin clickable- found today but again wide, narrower ones hard to get, not to worry can try kit ones see how it goes, going to put a couple of Yellow LEDs inside one flickering for bulb on its way out. 

Cheers

Mark

Apologies, my mistake.  It's Takom not Meng.  That brain-fingers thing again.........  The kits came with fiddly multi-part assembly links and the much better one-piece click ones were released soon after.  They come already off the sprue with just a single mould pip to clean off and click together in minutes.

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/15/2021 at 9:57 PM, Das Abteilung said:

Apologies, my mistake.  It's Takom not Meng.  That brain-fingers thing again.........  The kits came with fiddly multi-part assembly links and the much better one-piece click ones were released soon after.  They come already off the sprue with just a single mould pip to clean off and click together in minutes.

spacer.png

Did the Takom tracks fit ok on the Meng Mk5 chassis? It seems a sensible way to proceed with mine.

As far as I can tell the Takom and the Meng I used from the kit are Identical, so I would go with the Kit ones mate, bit of a tight fit where they slide onto the lower parts of the Tank and can pull apart but easy enough to get back 👍👍 hth 

Cheers

Mark