Big In Japan - Classic Japanese Kits GB Chat

• 3 weeks later...

Can I join in, the only kit I have is a Hasegawa 'Frank' 1/72nd, dated 1987 on the box. The only other Japanese kit I have, a Finemolds 'Hien', is out of the game at 2002.

Davey.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

Can I join in, the only kit I have is a Hasegawa 'Frank' 1/72nd, dated 1987 on the box. The only other Japanese kit I have, a Finemolds 'Hien', is out of the game at 2002.

Davey.

Hi Davey 

You are very welcome mate, I'll pop you on the list 

Cheers Pat 

Sign me up please Pat, 

I always enjoyed the Tamiya 1/35 military stuff as a kid, should be good for a revisit. Just give me a nudge when it's time to vote etc!

Cheers Greg 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes please Pat , Would the Nitto Airliners qualify if so I have their DC-8  and 727 still unstarted.If not plenty of other stuff 

Martin H

• Like 1

On 08/07/2021 at 13:47, Grandboof said:

Yes please Pat , Would the Nitto Airliners qualify if so I have their DC-8  and 727 still unstarted.If not plenty of other stuff 

Martin H

If Nitto are made in Japan, they are in.

Great to have you with us.

Cheers Pat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Pat

Sounds good to me

I've got a fair few tamiya F1 kits waiting to be built and I know some of them are pre 1990 and I have a late 1970s version of the Tamiya dambuster lanc in the loft as well, so shouldn't be an issue in finding something suitable that I fancy building at the time

Put me down please mate

Ian :) 

• Like 1

Gotta say, I'm shocked this one hasn't made it in yet.  Figured this one would be a shoe in w/ all the classic Hasegawa, Fujimi, & Tamiya kits readily available...before you even start getting into the more obscure stuff.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2021 at 00:36, Redstaff said:

Hi Pat

Sounds good to me

I've got a fair few tamiya F1 kits waiting to be built and I know some of them are pre 1990 and I have a late 1970s version of the Tamiya dambuster lanc in the loft as well, so shouldn't be an issue in finding something suitable that I fancy building at the time

Put me down please mate

Ian :) 

On 17/08/2021 at 00:45, helios16v said:

Gotta say, I'm shocked this one hasn't made it in yet.  Figured this one would be a shoe in w/ all the classic Hasegawa, Fujimi, & Tamiya kits readily available...before you even start getting into the more obscure stuff.

On 17/08/2021 at 01:25, dnl42 said:

I have something. The Revell rebox of the Otaki 1/144 F-111 (1974) with OzMods' F-111B resin conversion. I'll have to scavenge and draw my own decals for this. 

Great to have you with us gents, 

With so many kits to choose from I'm surprised more people haven't signed up for this.

Cheers Pat 

I thought I'd signed up for this but apparently not so you can add me to the list Pat. I've got quite a few Tamiya car kits to choose from. 

Edited by TimJ
  • Like 1

On 21/08/2021 at 10:33, TimJ said:

I thought I'd signed up for this but apparently not so you can add me to the list Pat. I've got quite a few Tamiya car kits to choose from. 

You're very welcome mate, I'll call off the search party I was organising  :wink:

Cheers Pat 

• 1 month later...
  • JOCKNEY changed the title to Japanese Made Classic Kit GB *Now @ 30*
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CliffB said:

@JOCKNEY, Should this be in the Bunfight list now Pat?

Cheers

Hi Cliff

I caught up with Enzo and he said as we already have two legacy classic builds for 2022 he would hate to see this one get squeezed out because of it.   

Therefore this one will be a legacy entry for 2023 instead. :thumbsup:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Therefore this one will be a legacy entry for 2023 instead. :thumbsup: Cheers Pat 

Great news! It feels so good to know we have a forum ran by modellers for modellers :yahoo:.

I'll be saving a certain Hasegawa kit for this one in 2023. V-P

• Thanks 1