1/48 green/grey Lightning decal advice

rodenlee

Hi all

I planning to build an Airfix 1/48 Lightning F2A/F6 and would like to finish it in a grey/green camouflage scheme.  I would prefer not to use the Airfix 11 Sqn. scheme or the LTF scheme I have seen on an aftermarket set.

I can find only the above mentioned LTF scheme in aftermarket 1/48 sets. Can anyone advise me what other camouflage decal sets they know of please?

Thanks very much for any advice you can provide.

Cheers to all

Shaun

2 hours ago, tweeky said:

Only other option is 5 Sqn if you want the grey/Green camouflage option. if you can find any.

That's not quite the full story, though only 5 and 11 Squadron operated Lightnings in Green/Grey camo.

For the 25 year Lightning celebration, an aircraft was repainted with markings for each of the previous squadrons,

hence my excuse for this camo F6 in 23 Squadron markings. 

Revell-Lightning-F6-RP.jpg

Google will have pictures and serials for you.

14 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

That's not quite the full story, though only 5 and 11 Squadron operated Lightnings in Green/Grey camo.

For the 25 year Lightning celebration, an aircraft was repainted with markings for each of the previous squadrons,

hence my excuse for this camo F6 in 23 Squadron markings. 

Revell-Lightning-F6-RP.jpg

Google will have pictures and serials for you.

Actually all the jets used in the 25 year anniversary we're from the three flying units based at Binbrook. So the only Sqn's that operated the grey/green camouflage scheme were 5 and 11 Sqns, Also LTF flew T5s F3s and their sole F6 (with ferry ventral)  with the same colours but they were a Flight not a Sqn. 

The 25th event personnel Groundcrew and pilots were all from the same three flying units.

Thanks very much to all

I see that my options are  5 or 11 Sqns and LTF so shall use the Airfix decals after all!!

Your help is much appreciated

Cheers

Shaun