Rafale F3-O4T in 1/48

scotthldr

Hi all, 

Calling all Rafale experts.

What add on’s are required to build an accurate F3-O4T variant, from the Revell Rafale C kit(the newer boxing). I’m assuming that most of the differences will be internal except for some antennas?

MTIA

Scott

there is of course some difference but the evolution of the F3 and F3 + standards are internal, the most visible part is the DDN-NG at the top of the fin of the plane, the plane can finally load Meteor missiles and instead from Pod Damocles, we have the new Talios.

https://www.mbda-systems.com/product/ddm-ng/

Edited by salomon

Looking at the overall fin fairing, it looks to be the same shape and size on  earlier Rafale’s. The only difference I can see is the spherical sensor in place of the wedge shaped one, is that correct? I

Is this DDN-NG system confined to the tail or are there more sensors on the aircraft?

Thanks guys, yes the BAM intakes will definitely be bought, as for the upgrade set I saw that last night but scrolled past it not realising what it was🤫.

Just need to wait and see what scheme the 🇬🇷 well operate theirs in now.👍🏻

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, scotthldr said:

Just need to wait and see what scheme the 🇬🇷 well operate theirs in now.👍🏻

You really expect an Aegean repaint?

I'd indeed hope so !

The most visible differences are indeed the DDM-NG on the vertical tail and the larger antenna behind the cockpit. BAM48002 has you covered on both and more :)

I look forward to seeing the Greek scheme indeed, Aegian would be awesome but quite unlikely 😕

Arnaud

Is the Wolfpack F2 update set for the Revell B/M kit(radome, chaff/flare fairings and wing tip pylons) applicable to a Rafale C F3 variant when used with the BAM F3 upgrade set? You’ll have to excuse my ignorance but I don’t know much about the different  Rafale variants

Edited by scotthldr

the Wolfpack F2 set is only really needed if you have on of the 2 earlier Revell (early Rafale M or B  (M, M, M, B) )or a HB boxing (which are based on the first couple of pre-series maschies) . The Revell C model was only released recently and has the updated molding for the chaff/ flare dispensers. the wing tip pylons are based on the prototype ones, but you only need to send the inner protrusion.... easy. The nose cone has the anti static wires included differently in the Wolfpack-d set. if more correct I am not sure... ..

the clear Mica heads for the IR version is also included in the updated Revell boxings (but there is a general lack of sufficient missile bodies....)

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply.  I can see the protrusions you refer to on the pylons, if you hadn't of mentioned that I doubt I would've noticed, seems a simple fix. The radome on the Wolfpack set looks to be sharper in detail compared to the kit supplied one, and the Chaff/Flare fairings look good enough on the kit. There is a smaller Wolfpack set that consists of the radome and pylons only for half the price so might go with that one.

Again thanks for the insight.

• Like 1