1/48 - Lockheed P2V-7 Neptune resin kit by Jetmads - 3D renders+pre-ordable - release in May 2024

Homebee

Time for me to learn how to build resin kits. The B-47, especially, got my attention. And the Neptune won't be something to sneeze at either. Both are going to be HUGE.

• Like 2

If the Neptune comes to life in this scale it would be something (also the other 2 kits are not a bad choice, although the Russian Bomber I do not see a real market for?). I recall the - now defunct - Collect Aire was supposed to issue a Resin kit in the 48 scale of the Neptune. It of course never materialized. 

But the 3 kits...they have my vote (and I am waiting patiently on my Viggens....I hope they do the 1/32 Draken as well in the near future)

1 hour ago, mr.T said:

(...) although the Russian Bomber I do not see a real market for (...)

It's not a bomber but an interceptor. No market? No idea, but count me in for this kit project.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

53 minutes ago, Homebee said:

It's not a bomber but an interceptor. No market? No idea, but count me in for this kit project.

V.P.

I stand corrected!! You're right. An interesting aircraft and about 200 built I read.

22 hours ago, mr.T said:

Hear, hear!!

The size of the Neptune and the other 2 will be serious kits...

Yes, they are about 60-650 in lenght and about the same in width, only the Fiddler a bit narrower than the other two. Not larger than a big size 1/32 kit, though.

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Lockheed P2V-7 Neptune resin kit by Jetmads - release in 2022
  • 5 months later...

I think the Viggen delivery is now on their mind for mid/3rdweek August? and then the Learjet. So, I assume they are just designing the SP-2H at this point?

Wonder what the next 1/32 will be (apart from the 2nd run of the Viggen already announced)...

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I'm afraid of what this will cost.  But I am a weak, weak man.  I must have it. 

Koster Aero Enterprises for years listed a vac 1/48 P2V on his upcoming kits list, but alas with his passing we'll never see it.  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/JETMADS2016/posts/pfbid09bAH3ABSNGtqWZn25gvbzDcwNnAHC3aHCMNNQRjqzyQxDymYENZcGTKLNz3uRzjCl

(...) - Design elaboration of the 1:48 P2V-7 Neptune is ongoing. Release schedule is tentative and yet to be announced. Big plane, big model… requiring a lot of work but we hope it is going to be a great one and we are looking forward to producing and building it.

- Not only the Neptune but other announced projects are being developed simultaneously, whereas the Neptune is the priority. (...)

V.P.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Lockheed P2V-7 Neptune resin kit by Jetmads - 3D render - release in 2023
32 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Great news, should be an impressive beast but I must admit it's the Fiddler I'm really looking forward to.

spacer.png

I never understood why Kinetic did not do one of these when they were pumping out twin engine carrier props early on.  For that matter Trumpy knows how to make big kits too, after all if you can make a 1/200 battleship this would be a piece of cake.  But I think I need to buy it just so my purchase will prompt someone to come forth with the injection mold of this.  I really love the aircraft too, guess it's time to pull the trigger on this.

Considering the size of the aircraft in 1/48th scale, which is even larger than many kits in 1/32, I do not think we will have one in plastic in this scale so I'll be definitely in for this one.