1/48 - Boeing B-47 Stratojet resin kit by Jetmads - in project

Homebee

Are we a bit early to say that it is about the B-47?? This seems to be a poll on which one to make first and the winner to be announced on February 14, I take it. So the Neptune or Fiddler may come out of it as well and to me the Neptune seems to be a bit ahead given the people's comments on their Facebook page.

Sorry, I didn't see the other two topics related to their poll so I thought this was the only thread. Yes, I have been building in 1/32 for many years now and it's been a long time that haven't built in 1/48, but I'll definitely go for this one. alreay voted for it.

Open bomb bay? Dropped flaps? Detailed cockpit and crew access door? Maybe open engine cowling? And some external payload like Rascal or 4x GAM-67 Crossbow? 

That would ber a killer model with all these...

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Corey in Colorado said:

Or how about fewer gimmicks and non operational weapons, and focus on accuracy and fit.

Sure, accuracy and fit is the primary one, which I do not expect to be much of an issue, considering their dedication to those.  I have bought their Skystreak, the shape and accuracy is excellent in my opinion, the fit is quite ok for a resin kit and almost perfect for some of the parts with very clever design. That is why I have placed an order for the Viggen without hesitation. I like to build models with as much detailing -or gimmicks as you put it- as possible. Sure, one is free to choose to build his model with or without the options coming with the box, provided that these COME with the box. I see images of a real B-47 with four Crossbow missiles under the wings, which means this is not a "what if" so I do not care if the weapons were operational or really exploded and so on. They look great together with the aircraft, totally enrich the look of the model. But that's me, of cıurse, and I totally agree that accucarcy and fit comes first.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Corey in Colorado said:

Each attempt to add a detail gimmick also increases the probability of fit problems and engineering complexity.

Perhaps. Depends on whether eliminating fit problems and reducing complexity, while maintaining a high standard of detail, is a goal of the product engineers. Jetmads has already built a reputation for building very fine model kits. Let's wait and see what they do with this one ... if they decide to produce it. I'm hoping they do, to their usual very high standard.

• Like 4

On 2/14/2021 at 4:39 AM, Corey in Colorado said:

Dropped flaps, open bomb bays, open cowls, four Crossbows with pylons all add expense to what will be an already expensive model.  Each attempt to add a detail gimmick also increases the probability of fit problems and engineering complexity.  

I don't see those things as gimmicks. I see those as features of a quality kit. We all have different requirements, so it's the challenge of the kit designer / manufacturer to decide which part of the market to appeal to.